Password:

Forgot your password?
WoW Application Feature: Character's Name Link to Armory

WoW Application Feature: Character's Name Link to Armory
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Suggestions]
Secondary: None

OMG, don't kill me. I promise I'll take a break tomorrow if you answer all my silly questions today.

We don't have the option to change the basic information on the application page such as "main character name", "race", "class", etc. One of the questions I ask new recruits is for them to give us the link to their armory profile. Not because we're super lazy but when you get 15 apps in a week, sometimes it's just nice to be able to run to their app, click the link (b/c if they've done it right, the forums will automatically make it a link) and get a quick shot of their armory.

Would it be possible at all if when someone types their name in the "main character name" block, that when it parses it over to the forums, if it would automatically make a link to their armory profile?

I assume this could happen in one of two ways:

Example Link: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dentarg&n=Tayluca
(ooh, please don't make fun of my toon, I'm a tender girl and I might cry)

[1] Automatically add the "Dentarg" (insert your realm here) to the part of the link (maybe option in administration section) and then the "Tayluca" name be parsed from the application. This would jack up if the recruit was from another realm though obviously.

or

[2] Include a question in the application that asks for their realm and then take both answers and parse the information that way.
Nice idea and I have made the a standard request on my applications to have people post the link themselves. You should open this as a ticket for a suggestion that way other users can vote on it and allow Chops to assign a priority.

--
Six Demon BagRefresh This Item
Jack Burton: Hey, what more can a guy ask for?
Egg Shen: Oh, a six-demon bag!
Jack Burton: Terrific, a six-demon bag. Sensational. What's in it, Egg?
Egg Shen: Wind, fire, all that kind of thing!
This is a good idea in general... but it should not be a decision factor as to weathr ot not you choose a person from the armory. The armory will show you, what configuration the toon was at last logout of WoW.

I always do my tailoring and stuff at the end, so i might equip tailor enhancing equipment, which could lower my stats, also many 70's (cause you dont need rest XP) will simply log off while mounted or in flight, i have 3 things i equip when i am mounted, Riding Crop, A back armor that USE: slow fall for 30 sec, and such.

So this is just another person trying to make sure that if you see odd equipment on the character, then just be awre that the stats will be skewed a bit. Alot of guild will only accept people if they have a certain amount of HP or Mana per 5 and so on...

Just food for thought

--
I would truly have to a bad guild leader to make my decision of whether or not they are invited based solely on an application that is only usable for 20% of my day let alone only tells me what the person was wearing at the time they last logged out. I do believe most people want to have that option available and it has the potential to show me basic information if that person is not available online.

A quick glance at anyone's armory to anyone who's familiar with it can show the difference between pvp gear, pve gear, farming gear, SSC ready gear vs Karazhan ready gear, etc. So I do find it very helpful. Obviously some classes are hybrids and they could be spec'd for tanking but log out in healing gear. I realize this and I take it into account when viewing their armory.

I'm not trying to derail this topic. Just stating that I do agree with you but it's still a potentially very useful function to have in place if used properly.
Frankly, I don't look at gear on the armory - the thing that holds the most weight with me is their reputation with various factions

Someone who's exhaled with Violet Eye, revered+ with the heroic factions, etc is likely to have a lot more experience than someone just out of Kara and whatnot.

Gear's the easy part, experience and skill are the ones that are hard to find
Quote by Nevir
Frankly, I don't look at gear on the armory - the thing that holds the most weight with me is their reputation with various factions

Someone who's exhaled with Violet Eye, revered+ with the heroic factions, etc is likely to have a lot more experience than someone just out of Kara and whatnot.

Gear's the easy part, experience and skill are the ones that are hard to find

definitely, i agree here, however the point remains, it is still a viable suggestion and i think it is one that could be implemeted. at least the option to add it to your application page would be of benefit for some guild leaders. that way, you can add it if you want, or not if you don't want
It is indeed a good suggestion and a rather easy implementation. I'll put it in the list of things happening with the big upgrade coming in the future.

--
It's all in the reflexes.

[Back to Index]