Forgot your password?
Can't upload grsssnapshots

Can't upload grsssnapshots
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [General]
Secondary: None

1 2 >>>
System won't let me upload my file, it will go through the 1st 2 steps but when i try to "Submit these raids" i get this message "
Characters highlighted like this are not currently in your database. If the box next to their name is checked (and "Played by Whom?" drop down has no selection), the character will be created and points credited properly. " then it wont load and kicks me back to the 1st upload screen
Could you attach the file that you're uploading so I can look at the data?

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Quote by Chops
Could you attach the file that you're uploading so I can look at the data?

File started at 6:30ish stopped at 10ish
There's no snapshot data in this file.

I've gotta ask a few important questions:

1) have you updated since the 2.4 patch?

2) if so, did WoW crash on you, did you Alt+F4, or did your computer crash while WoW was running

3) Did you kill any bosses, take any manual snapshots, or receive any loot during this run?

--
Quote by Chops

2) if so, did WoW crash on you, did you Alt+F4, or did your computer crash while WoW was running

3) Did you kill any bosses, take any manual snapshots, or receive any loot during this run?

Yes i check to update daily
no crashes or exiting wow in any manor
3.5 hour raid, killed 1st 4 bosses in Hyjal and yes there was a ton of loot
Good!

Next important question (this might be obvious) have you closed WoW since the raid, or is WoW still open?

--
Quote by Heavyhitters
Quote by Chops

Also the snapshots where being taken during the game and all the loot boxes popped up to add the values.
I also have the screen shot on auto so i have those. I suppose i can try to input the info manually, the problem will be that we rotate people in and out so i'm not sure who was there for what, and the loot may be problematic as well because i honestly don't remember everything that dropped or who got what.
Quote by Heavyhitters
Quote by Heavyhitters
Quote by Chops

Also the snapshots where being taken during the game and all the loot boxes popped up to add the values.
I also have the screen shot on auto so i have those. I suppose i can try to input the info manually, the problem will be that we rotate people in and out so i'm not sure who was there for what, and the loot may be problematic as well because i honestly don't remember everything that dropped or who got what.

WoW is closed
Hmm...I don't have a solid explanation.

Could you try opening WoW now, and let me know if it asks you if you want to purge or keep? If it doesn't ask that, then something happened: either WoW closed uncleanly but didn't appear to, such that it didn't write the data to the file, or something else happened, but there is simply no snapshot or loot data. WoW closing uncleanly but silently is the most likely candidate. If it does ask (if you want to purge or keep), try uploading the file again and see what happens.

Ultimately, this is why I advise everyone to always have more than one person running the mod during the raid, especially something as large as a 25-man raid. WoW is terribly fickle about the lua data (which is also a reason I'm so hesitant about a pure in-game mod).

--
WoW is closed

To be sure, was WoW closed when you uploaded the file? (I have to ask) If it wasn't, the data hadn't been written to the hard drive yet.

--
Any luck?

--
Quote by Chops
Any luck?

We're having the same issue. When I log on it asks if I want to purge... You have 1 item and 0 raids recorded. When I try to upload the file to the web-site it has the item but no raid. Also during the raid it did not ask to record the one wipe we had. This is something new as it's been working perfect since you helped us last.
Quote by Evilheart
Quote by Chops
Any luck?

We're having the same issue. When I log on it asks if I want to purge... You have 1 item and 0 raids recorded. When I try to upload the file to the web-site it has the item but no raid. Also during the raid it did not ask to record the one wipe we had. This is something new as it's been working perfect since you helped us last.

any thoughts?

any thoughts?

I'm afraid not really. Have you noticed it a recurring problem? It's possible that the mod just didn't recognize the wipe (for whatever reason). Did enough members die, or were hunter feigned and rogues vanished? The snapshot is definitely not in the file you posted (as you stated).

--
Quote by Chops

any thoughts?

I'm afraid not really. Have you noticed it a recurring problem? It's possible that the mod just didn't recognize the wipe (for whatever reason). Did enough members die, or were hunter feigned and rogues vanished? The snapshot is definitely not in the file you posted (as you stated).

It's not a recurring problem yet. We did have a couple of hunters who more than likely feign death, as well as some others who had chosen to resurrect option in order to start making their way back.

It's not just that it failed to record the wipe, but it did not record our being there at all. As in any new instance, we award a point for going on the raid, a point for wipes and a point for the boss. It didn't as far as I could see record any of the members that were present so obviously it assessed no point value for any facet of the raid.

Just to be certain, I re-downloaded the mod and hopefully this will not turn into a recurring problem. If you come up with anything to let us know, and if it happens again I will repost the results.

Thank you
evilheart
It's not just that it failed to record the wipe, but it did not record our being there at all. As in any new instance, we award a point for going on the raid, a point for wipes and a point for the boss. It didn't as far as I could see record any of the members that were present so obviously it assessed no point value for any facet of the raid.

One thing to consider is that the mod itself doesn't record any attendees in the form of snapshots unless there's one of four events:

1) Boss Kill, which is the typical solution.
2) Wipe, which in this case, didn't work (I've got plans to make the wipe detector smarter)
3) Periodic Snapshot taken every X minutes (using /grss starttimer)
4) Manual snapshot (using /grss snapshotname, where you provide the name of the snapshot).

If none of those happened, then there wouldn't be a record of any members being in attendance.

The easiest way to ensure that a snapshot of the present raid is taken is to initiate a manual snapshot.

But the wipe detection functionality is definitely going to be improved in the near future.

--
Hi

When I do a Guild Roster Upload or Import Guild Roster, every member of the guild is "not in guild snapshot" with the options to delete or ignore members.

A month ago our guild was forced by Blizzard to change the name from KottonMouth Krew to The Krew. We are listed currently in the armory correctly as The Krew. I don't know if that is related....

I just noticed that with DKP Systems under my name on the left, it lists the old guild name.... probably the answer but I don't know how to change it

KmKrew
Website Mgr
Blade's Edge
You'll want to head to Admin > General Settings > Site Name, and change that value to "The Krew" as well. Right now, it's searching the armory based on your guild's name, and determining that there are no members in the guild.

--

Thanks! That fixed it!
You answered my post almost instantly with the answer that solve the problem! DKP Systems and their forum moderators ROCK!

Thanks! That fixed it!
You answered my post almost instantly with the answer that solve the problem! DKP Systems and their forum moderators ROCK!

Haha...thanks mate! Sometimes I'm not so lucky with the instant replies, unfortunately.

--

1 2 >>>
[Back to Index]