Forgot your password?
EPGP and GRSS

EPGP and GRSS
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Support]
Secondary: None

Hey Chops, loving the site.

I've got a couple things still outstanding on setting up my guildsite.

1. I've created some custom columns so that it matches what people are used to seeing and understanding. I created a EP column for earned points, a GP column for Gear Points, and a Loot Priority Column for priority in winning loot. I can't seem to get that information to show up right. The built in columns for earned points, and spent points seem ok, but for some reason the Priority column is showing a different value than the current value.

2. When players status their points in game using the !dkp name it is giving them the Earned - Spent point value, and not the Earned/Spent value, is there anyway to fix that.

3. I'd like to automate the point value of items to equal the gear point value that EPGP mod gives the item, this is a static model that doesn't change. GP = item value^2 x 0.04 x slot value

4. If we only want to decay points once a week on the current EP and GP values, is that possible. From looking at the settings it almost appears as if the points are being decayed based on how old the points are, not based on the current totals.

I know this is a lot, and I appreciate any help you can provide. I'm having an extremely tough time converting our in game system to one that can include the website.

Here is the link to the site that controls the EPGP mod we use if it is any help.

http://code.google.com/p/epgp/wiki/WhatIsEPGP_v2

I never got a response to this. Should I open a ticket?
I'm sorry, I must have just msised this one.

1. I've created some custom columns so that it matches what people are used to seeing and understanding. I created a EP column for earned points, a GP column for Gear Points, and a Loot Priority Column for priority in winning loot. I can't seem to get that information to show up right. The built in columns for earned points, and spent points seem ok, but for some reason the Priority column is showing a different value than the current value.

Looking at your current standings page, the results seem consistent to me. Could you provide an example that I should be looking at?

2. When players status their points in game using the !dkp name it is giving them the Earned - Spent point value, and not the Earned/Spent value, is there anyway to fix that.

This is a bug. I'll be deploying a fixed version today. Sorry for the trouble there.

3. I'd like to automate the point value of items to equal the gear point value that EPGP mod gives the item, this is a static model that doesn't change. GP = item value^2 x 0.04 x slot value

This is not currently available, I'm afraid. I've been giving thought to having the GRSS read the values from the EPGP mod itself for this type of integration.

4. If we only want to decay points once a week on the current EP and GP values, is that possible. From looking at the settings it almost appears as if the points are being decayed based on how old the points are, not based on the current totals.

You would have to use the "Mass Adjustment" feature, and would require you performing the decay manually by doing the calculation on the spot. Admittedly, it would be a pain. Alternatively, you could try to see if the Decay system we utilize can be synced - with a bit of mathematical tweaking, I'm sure the systems can be made to be reasonably similar. I'll say that there are plans on implementing different forms of decay, and this will can be one mechanism that gets implemented.

Does that help?

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Thank you for responding Chops. Most of my questions got answered.

I think my problem is that I'm trying to mimic the way epgp tracks points. I think the way GRSS does it could be better. The problem is that DKPSYSTEM defaults the earned points to 1, and EPGP defaults it to a zero. It most likely does a check.

If ep = 0 then PR=EP/GP+1 else
PR=EP/GP

So when I created my custom columns I tried to modify the way DKPSYSTEM does the math by making:

EP = spent-1 and PR=GP/(spent-1)

I can handle the fact that the DKPSYSTEM can't handle a divide by zero so I'm ok with the answer being undefined.

Is there a way I can do a similar conditional check, or is there a way to make it so that the first time gear points are awarded that one point is subtracted?

Is there a way I can do a similar conditional check, or is there a way to make it so that the first time gear points are awarded that one point is subtracted?

It actually does this automatically. It shows a one in place of zero. If, say, 2 points are earned, it'll show 2, ignoring the "fake" 1.

As you said, this is just to ensure that there are no divide by zero errors.

--
I tried to do the decay using mass adjustment. How do I decay both earned and spent points?

I noticed that after I modify the formula for the custom columns that it takes time for the values to update. That's why I thought it wasn't working. Thanks for the clarification.
I tried to do the decay using mass adjustment. How do I decay both earned and spent points?

It'll have to be a separate adjustment for both. The Mass Adjustment page shows the earned, spent, and total. You can calculate it based on that, but it'll have to be one for each (which is admittedly a pain).

--
I tried to do this using mass adjustment. Which you are right would be a royal pain to do once a week.

I could not figure out how to decay earned points. I tried putting a positive number in the field and it added points to the earned point column. I tried putting a negative amount in the adjustment column and it added points to the spent points.

I need to subtract points from both the earned, and the spent points.

For example look at this screenshot.

I wanted to reduce Teslyn's earned points by 10% and her spent points by 10%, the result should be. 991-99=892 and 91-9=82 for the spent points.

What am I doing wrong, is there a way to use this mass adjustment tool that isn't documented somewhere?

I could not figure out how to decay earned points. I tried putting a positive number in the field and it added points to the earned point column. I tried putting a negative amount in the adjustment column and it added points to the spent points.

That's how the adjustment works with EPGP. What you entered its how I would have entered it. This is a hack solution because the simple "X% across the board" option isn't available at the moment. If that doesn't work for you, then I'd go back to recommending that you try to make our built-in decay system work for you. I'm sorry I don't have a better answer for you, at the moment, other than I can get something like that deployed after the coming update, but not until then, I'm afraid.

--
Maybe I'll try to write a mod to import the data. Can you give me an idea of what the data should look like? Is the grss_snapshot data sufficient or would I need more?
Would it be possible to get a wipe of my dkp for the work in progress dkp database.
Quote by Altiokis
Would it be possible to get a wipe of my dkp for the work in progress dkp database.

The easiest way to wipe your DKP data is to delete the DKP system itself. Just click "Edit" next to the DKP System you want wiped, annd click the "Delete" button at the bottom of the page.

--
Quote by Chops
Quote by Altiokis

The easiest way to wipe your DKP data is to delete the DKP system itself. Just click "Edit" next to the DKP System you want wiped, annd click the "Delete" button at the bottom of the page.

Will it retain my column customizations?
No, but you can make it do so.

Create a new DKP System first, then edit your existing column definitions and set them to the newly created system. Then delete the old DKP System.

--
Some remaining points.

1. GRSS is still reporting earned points minus gear points as their loot priority.
2. When I was setting up the decay, I got two of my values switched is it possible to roll back a day or two before decay started.
Hey chops, has the GRSS mod been updated to allow for EP/GP systems. Last time I checked it was still showing EP-GP instead.

Quote by Altiokis
Hey chops, has the GRSS mod been updated to allow for EP/GP systems. Last time I checked it was still showing EP-GP instead.

/bump

I'm really interested in this topic. I have been over all of the threads with EPGP and have not been able to figure out how to start my baseline. A calculation is not performed until the person bids on an item, therefore if you have 21000 EP.. your Priority is equal to the same number, 21000.

Can anyone do me a favor and post simple step by step instructions for setting up EPGP? Or explain what is working for them?

example..:
1. Admin --> Mass Adjustments ...
2. add earned points
3. subtract gear points

[Back to Index]