Password:

Forgot your password?
Remember Me or Save Password Feature

Remember Me or Save Password Feature
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [General]
Secondary: None

Has anyone successfully written a Remember Me or a Save Password feature? If it's an option in admin, I'm a tard and have missed it - has anyone else figured this out?

Thank you kindly,
Melissa
It actually should remember you automatically with cookies. The drawback, unfortunately, is that for security, it's tied to your IP address, which means that if you have an Dynamic IP (such as Dialup or Verizon's Aircard), every time the IP changes, you'll get logged out automatically.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Lookin at your configuration, your problem more or less is caused by the use of masking with your domain forwarding.

You want to set the "A Records" for your domain to point to 208.100.30.200. Masking freaks out in internet explorer because it won't allow cookies from external sites within a frame. You'll find thing being a lot nicer after fixing that.

--
I set the A records to 208.100.30.200 and removed the masking in my domain settings; however, it now forwards to a yahoo under construction page... uh oh.
If you have other A Records, in addition to the ones you just made, that would account for that. Just delete any extra A records you might have.

If not, give it a little bit more time, as DNS changes ALWAYS take an hour or more to take effect.

--
screenshot attached
I'm not sure what to do about the Yahoo CNAME records it's putting there. If you can't delete them, you might be forced to just use plain DNS forwarding (or change registrars).

What happens when you edit the CNames?

--
I didn't edit the CNAME - I left it to the default...

I'll just go to standard auto forwarding.
What I meant was, What does the screen look like if you click "Edit" next to the CNames?

--
Attached
You could probably enter "spanksguild.com" into the field, which should, ideally reference the A records you made.

--

[Back to Index]