Forgot your password?
New Admin for site

New Admin for site
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Support]
Secondary: [Support]

Hello,

My guild has disbanded and we have reformed. The person who runs the site is now in a new guild and he cant give me the site. He has given me Guildmaster status but for somereason he cant surender the site to me. We are not sure how its done. It was given to him a while back so we know its possible. The site is legacyursin.dkpsystem.com Napee is the person who has it now and we are tryign to pass it to Xavious. Any insight into this would be appreciated.

Thanks
In the Admin menu, under the Security heading is a link that can only be viewed by the top level account. The link is called "Relinquish your powers". This will accomplish what you're looking for.

--
Ieyasu - Organizer, Ex Cineribus
Napee should have the "Relinquish your Powers" option that Nitesbane has mentioned. He'll simply have to follow the directions on that page.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Hi there - Zedbeard from Alleria's Odyssey guild here. We have switched guild leaders and while the "relinquish your powers" feature would be great, the old guild leader is out of the country for an extended period of time (hence the leader change). He does not have internet access.

What course of action can we take to move guild leader to someone else in this situation?

Thank you.
Quote by Zedbeard
Hi there - Zedbeard from Alleria's Odyssey guild here. We have switched guild leaders and while the "relinquish your powers" feature would be great, the old guild leader is out of the country for an extended period of time (hence the leader change). He does not have internet access.

What course of action can we take to move guild leader to someone else in this situation?

Thank you.

That's a difficult situation to be in.... I'm not saying you're making this up, but you have to understand that someone could use that same story to take over leadership of the guild website.

Myself as a guild operator would like to see that it takes more than a forum post from someone in the guild saying "Nomad's out of town right now, and said I should run his site for him.."

As you asked, hopefully Chops has an alternate method of verifying the transfer.

But, There's no way that the current site operator can get internet access for 5 mins, and click the 'relinquish powers' button?

Nomad,

someone could use that same story to take over leadership of the guild website

A fair and valid point - certainly the risk is high and the existing solution would be easily usable were the existing guild leader available. No joke, he was shipped off to China for missionnary duties by his parents.

Last I saw him online was about a month ago, where he did pass in-game guild leadership to our current leader. But nothing since then. So, hoping there's some other solution aside from dumping/recreating the whole guild site...

Thanks for the response.

- ZB
Unfortunately, he'll retain ownership, even though he might be out of the country.

Your best bet, then, is to either wait it out (when is he returning? anyone know?), or, depending on when the site will expire, to let it expire. When that happens, you can create a new site yourself, and I, verifying the validity of both accounts, can perform a database transfer.

Unfortunately, though, unless the owner verifies that he authorizes the transfer, he retains ownership. Consider the fact that just because he's out of the country doesn't necessarily mean that his house suddenly becomes someone else's property.

It's a tough situation for any guild, I understand, but unfortunately, the site is still his.

Alternatively, you can just create a new site now (granted that will cost you money), after which point, I can transfer certain data over from the old site to the new one, which would ensure that you own the site, rather than relying on him to verify the request with an email he cannot see.

--
It's all in the reflexes.

[Back to Index]