Password:

Forgot your password?
DKP Profiler

DKP Profiler
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [General]
Secondary: [Support]

Is there a DKP Profiler for Age of Conan? Will there be?

Thanks!
[QUOTE=WRAITHie]Is there a DKP Profiler for Age of Conan?[/quote[

Not yet.

Will there be?

If Funcom builds powerful enough tools that allow users to build functionality to harvest data out of the game in a similar way as WoW, then yes. If not, then that means it wouldn't be possible, and hence no.

So at this point, the briefest answer anyone can give is "Maybe."

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Quote by Chops
[QUOTE=WRAITHie]Is there a DKP Profiler for Age of Conan?[/quote[

Not yet.

Will there be?

If Funcom builds powerful enough tools that allow users to build functionality to harvest data out of the game in a similar way as WoW, then yes. If not, then that means it wouldn't be possible, and hence no.

So at this point, the briefest answer anyone can give is "Maybe."

The age of conan modding experience is not good for developers. Funcom needs to invest HEAVILY in developing and exposing the API so developers can work making addons.

For now, there is no reason why you can't still run a DKP system 'on paper' (via excel/Googledocs etc). It's a PITA, and inefficient, but still possible.

For now, there is no reason why you can't still run a DKP system 'on paper' (via excel/Googledocs etc). It's a PITA, and inefficient, but still possible.

I need to correct you here, just so he doesn't get the wrong idea.

Keep in mind he's talking about the DKP Profiler (which does the character profiles, not the DKP Uploading). Character profiles can still be entered mostly manually (at least some of the information).

As for the DKP suypport with the GRSS, the DKP System information certainly doesn't need to be pen-and-paper. That data can always be entered into the site manually. Long before the GRSS was built, this was how DKP was entered into the system (Back when the site was just my own guild's website). I would take screenshots of the Raid window on each boss kill, and at the end of the night, I would check boxes for character for every boss - it was rather tedius checking 400 boxes every night (40 players x 10 bosses in Molten Core). But it was still 100 times easier than doing it in a spreadsheet.

--
It's all in the reflexes.

[Back to Index]