Forgot your password?
Raid Signup Process Revamped

Raid Signup Process Revamped
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [General]
Secondary: None

1 2 >>>
The Raid Signup Process has had a revamp. You can openly see the changes by clicking on a raid both in the future and in the past.

----
The day Microsoft makes a product that doesn't suck is the day they make a vacuum cleaner.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Help!

If we have Raids on the same days it all screws up.

Example i have 3 Raids planned for this coming Friday if i sign up to one it makes me absent at the others and if i change my status it then makes me absent for the others?????

On any day with more than one raid its all messed up, everyone is confirmed as absent i can't work out who is going where >.<

Also the list of Confirmed Absentees shows people account names not characters names making it all the more confusing

The way of looking back at previous Raids is awesome however

Ps Please bring back the "I will be late option" we used that as part of our DKP system.

Alrighty, fixed the multiple signup in one day bugs.

I'll get to re-adding the "I'll be late" option.

As for the account names for the "I won't be there" I realize that's a bit confusing, but remember that if you are not showing up with a character, then it's your account that's saying you won't be there. I can look into printing character names, but then it can get fuzzy if a player has alts that he or she raids with. It's generally just more accurate to say "That guy" won't be there than "That character" won't be there, if you know what I mean.

----
The day Microsoft makes a product that doesn't suck is the day they make a vacuum cleaner.

--
Chops you are awesome, if customer service was like this elsewhere i think the world would be a better place!
Chops you are awesome, if customer service was like this elsewhere i think the world would be a better place!

Thanks man! Appreciate it.

----

--
Alrighty, fixed the multiple signup in one day bugs.

I'll get to re-adding the "I'll be late" option.

As for the account names for the "I won't be there" I realize that's a bit confusing, but remember that if you are not showing up with a character, then it's your account that's saying you won't be there. I can look into printing character names, but then it can get fuzzy if a player has alts that he or she raids with. It's generally just more accurate to say "That guy" won't be there than "That character" won't be there, if you know what I mean.

----

Well only 1 character should be a Main per account so why not just default it to the Main when your saying "I won't be there"?

----
Warlock - Lord Templar

--
Six Demon BagRefresh This Item
Jack Burton: Hey, what more can a guy ask for?
Egg Shen: Oh, a six-demon bag!
Jack Burton: Terrific, a six-demon bag. Sensational. What's in it, Egg?
Egg Shen: Wind, fire, all that kind of thing!
That would be rather handy, some peoples account names bare no relation what so ever to their in game names.
"I'll be late" and Comments added.

----

--
Tweaked to show the character name instead of the account name. Lemme know if there are problems with that.

----

--
Help!

Example i have 3 Raids planned for this coming Friday if i sign up to one it makes me absent at the others and if i change my status it then makes me absent for the others?????

On any day with more than one raid its all messed up, everyone is confirmed as absent i can't work out who is going where >.<

Also the list of Confirmed Absentees shows people account names not characters names making it all the more confusing

Ps Please bring back the "I will be late option" we used that as part of our DKP system.

Chops. Either I am totally missing something, or my site didnt update with the code that you changed. My guildies are having the same problem as the above quote. One of my guys signed up for an afternoon raid, and it still shows him as absent from the evening raid. There is nothing that either he or myself can do to fix it.
Help!

Chops. Either I am totally missing something, or my site didnt update with the code that you changed. My guildies are having the same problem as the above quote. One of my guys signed up for an afternoon raid, and it still shows him as absent from the evening raid. There is nothing that either he or myself can do to fix it.

He'll need to click "Retract This" on the page and it'll retract him saying that he won't be there.

----

--
Is that something that is going to be fixed though? It doesnt make sense to have to retract him saying he wont be there if he never signed up to begin with. That is going to cause a lot of confusion down the road if someone signs up for one run, and is automatically showing up as absent from another run.
I fixed the code earlier yesterday, so it shouldn't still be doing it from yesterday, forward. The only signups that should have been effected was if they signed up between the change at night, and the fix in the afternoon.

If someone signs up for an event that's on the same day, is it still messing with the other one? It shouldn't be happening anymore.

----

--
Seem to be having a problem with the "late" mouse over when someone actually enters details.

For an example you can see our AQ20 Raid posted for today. One of our priests has indicated she will not be home till 7pm. It is very hard to see this as the note only flashes when moused over. However there are a couple of others that have indicated they will be late but have not notes and that shows up just fine.

----
Warlock - Inconceivable Admin

--
Oh wierd! It's like it's conflicting with something. I'll have to look into that.

Edit: I just tweaked it a bit. It should be good now.

----

--
Oh wierd! It's like it's conflicting with something. I'll have to look into that.

Edit: I just tweaked it a bit. It should be good now.

----

Sweet works fine now.

----
Warlock - Inconceivable Admin

--
Would it be possible to use a different text scheme with the calender signups? I mean, currently you have it set for normal text for waiting list, bold for approved italic for awaiting approval and strike for denied. Wouldn't it be easier to identify them if they were color coded instead? Like Approved, Waiting List, Awaiting Approval, Denied or something similar?

----
Sreh

--
Sreh
Would it be possible to use a different text scheme with the calender signups? I mean, currently you have it set for normal text for waiting list, bold for approved italic for awaiting approval and strike for denied. Wouldn't it be easier to identify them if they were color coded instead? Like Approved, Waiting List, Awaiting Approval, Denied or something similar?

----
Sreh

hehe...that's the second request for that so far.

I'm guessing now that that might be a popular request, I can bump it up in priority. My big concern, I suppose, is that some color schemes will result in some text not showing up very clearly. Like blue on blue. As such, to make it most flexible, I'll have to make the colors changable in some setting in the admin menu, which is what makes it not a quick fix.

I'll bump it up in priority.

----

--
Too funny,
My same question a day or two later.....yikes!!

----
All it takes for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke

--
All it takes for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke
Hey Chops,
Anyway we can get a I Won't be attending comment box? I clicked I won't be attending and it let me check I might be late however it didn't retain these comments. As a guild officer I feel responsible to let others know why I will not be available on Raid nights especially when I am 1 of those expected to lead the raid.

--

1 2 >>>
[Back to Index]