Logged Out
Create an Account
Login:
Password:

Forgot your password?
Those having issues with data loss issue. (Update 7/31/2008: Data Recovered!)

Those having issues with data loss issue. (Update 7/31/2008: Data Recovered!)
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [General]
Secondary: None

Edit 7/31/2008

LUCKY BREAK!

We've been able to recover a TON of data off one of the failed drives (this data is recent as of 7/17) and I will begin manually restoring things upon request (or provide zip files of data if desired). The 6-month extensions will remain in effect, even though, it appears that the data loss is now extremely minimal.

The Admins of sites affected by the apparent rollback should have received a newsletter detailing the issue with what looks like a rollback. It's actually not a rollback. But, embarrassingly, some media was lost (there was a runaway script during the maintenance, which I wasn't able to catch in time, which ended up deleting some data). Unfortunately, due to some extreme circumstances over the past two weeks, the backups for that data is unavailable.

It's very important to note, however, that your database is completely in-tact. The problem script did not effect any databases, so your forums, accounts, members, DKP, and other important data is still intact.

I HAVE successfully found some backups, and if you ask, I'll let you know, and I can restore what backups there is manually (it's likely that you WON'T have backups).

Beyond that, again I offer my sincerest apologies, and for this issue, all guilds effected by this particular issue will be receiving a full 6-month (180-day) extension for this extremely serious failure on our part (the effected guild list is prepared).

Thank you, and if you have any further questions, feel free to post any thing (if you want to chew us out, that's perfectly fine, I understand completely), or you can reach me via email at gumm@sigma-star.com, and finally, by phone at 414.940.4866.

This is also why the maintenance took all bloody night. For that I apologize.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
For curiosity sake.... what kind of maintenance was performed? Was this an update of any sorts, or were you just defraging drives, etc?

--

Krawnik
Warlord of Ascendant
Dagoth

It was to be the second half of a hardware upgrade that was deployed Friday. No functionality yet (though the forum rewrite is progressing nicely).

--
My guilds acount is still just a plain balnk page with the news posts, has the problem been fixed? can u use the back up for our guild? the website is fatkids.dkpsystem.com
Need help with fsguild.dkpsystem.com (forgottensouls.org).

Everything is gone. Nothing will load.
Hmm... Your site seems to be loading fine for me (and wasn't one of the effected sites).

Try heading to forgottensouls.dkpsystem.com (fsguild.dkpsystem.com isn't currently a valid site)

--
We seem to be up and running again thanks Chops. All is well other than our gallery images missing in action. This is a shame but certainly something we can live with.

Thanks for your response to the issues. I read your email to a few of my guild officers and they were extremely impressed with the way you conduct your business. Hopefully we can spread the word and get you some more customers

any chance you have some backups that might include fowguild.dkpsystems.com (narcosis-guild.net)

Looks like we lost our complete picture gallerys
Quote by RareBeast
We seem to be up and running again thanks Chops. All is well other than our gallery images missing in action. This is a shame but certainly something we can live with.

Thanks for your response to the issues. I read your email to a few of my guild officers and they were extremely impressed with the way you conduct your business. Hopefully we can spread the word and get you some more customers

Thanks, Rare. It looks like both of you (RareBeast and Hugatree) are part of the lucky few that have SOME older backups that I was able to find. I'm uploading your stuff now.

--
We've been able to recover a TON of data off one of the failed drives (this data is recent as of 7/17) and I will begin manually restoring things upon request (or providing zip files if desired). The 6-month extensions will remain in effect, even though, it appears that the data loss is now extremely minimal.

--
Quote by Chops
We've been able to recover a TON of data off one of the failed drives (this data is recent as of 7/17) and I will begin manually restoring things upon request (or providing zip files if desired). The 6-month extensions will remain in effect, even though, it appears that the data loss is now extremely minimal.

Do you have the photo gallery for durabilityzero.com? That is the only think that I am unable to redo....
We have lost several very important threads in our forums recently (within this last week). This has been an ongoing problem for some time... could you please get them recovered.

http://disreputabledogs.dkpsystem.com/
The loss of forum threads isn't related to this particular issue, but could you specify which threads have gone missing?

--
Quote by Chops
The loss of forum threads isn't related to this particular issue, but could you specify which threads have gone missing?

I don't remember the exact names of the threads, but one was something like "post your upgrades" and another was a "hunter sweet thread"... there have been numerous others that I don't recall.

[Back to Index]