Logged Out
Create an Account
Login:
Password:

Forgot your password?
Problem uploading grss snapshot for raids.

Problem uploading grss snapshot for raids.
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Tickets]
Secondary: None

Hello,

I have been going through the tutorial for uploading the snapshots however, I can't seem to get them to recognize the raids we are in. I don't get any prompts in-game for any kind of raid wipes or anything. Also, I am uploading from the WTF folder and not the addons folder. Any help would be great as entering this in my hand every night is becoming tiresome.
Quote by scottymac7
Hello,

I have been going through the tutorial for uploading the snapshots however, I can't seem to get them to recognize the raids we are in. I don't get any prompts in-game for any kind of raid wipes or anything. Also, I am uploading from the WTF folder and not the addons folder. Any help would be great as entering this in my hand every night is becoming tiresome.

Also, when it goes to the upload screen, I have no raids or loot to click on. I see the scheduled raid but nothing else.
Interesting. It sounds like the mod either isn't installed correctly, or the data isn't getting stored to the right location.

Try the following.

In-game, type /grss. What happens? Do you get the "Please type /help for help" message, or do you get a huge list of commands? If you get the "/help" message, the Mod isn't installed properly.

Try heading to the Character select screen and click the "Addons" button in the lower left corner, and see if "GuildRaidSnapShot" is in the list and that it's enabled.

Finally, just to be sure, the mod must be installed to the Interface/Addons folder, but you upload from the WTF folder.

Let me know if any of this helps or not.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Quote by Chops
Interesting. It sounds like the mod either isn't installed correctly, or the data isn't getting stored to the right location.

Try the following.

In-game, type /grss. What happens? Do you get the "Please type /help for help" message, or do you get a huge list of commands? If you get the "/help" message, the Mod isn't installed properly.

Try heading to the Character select screen and click the "Addons" button in the lower left corner, and see if "GuildRaidSnapShot" is in the list and that it's enabled.

Finally, just to be sure, the mod must be installed to the Interface/Addons folder, but you upload from the WTF folder.

Let me know if any of this helps or not.

When I do /grss I get a huge list of commands, the GuildRaidSnapshot mod is installed in my .../interface/addons/ folder, and I upload from the path it says in your tutorial. I am at a loss. I don't know what it could be. I was thinking some sort of problem with other mods I have but when I load it with only grss, it does the same thing.

Sounds like your addon works then.

Can you find the correct file to upload - this should be -> ....wow folder/WTF/account/account name/saved variables - here you should find a file called guildraidsnapshot.lua

can you locate this file? Note that you will have two files named guildraidsnapshot - but only one is called .lua where the other is called .lua.bak

the .lua is the file u need to use!

Second are you sure you have snapshots taken in game?

I suggest you make a manual test - just to be safe inv a member -> convert to raid.

Now type /grss (title)

If your addon works you will now get a msg from the addon saying guildraidsnapshot taken and it will also list ur title.

If you get this, then it should be working.

Now go and see if you can find the .lua file

REMEMBER you need to be logged out of the game for it to show the file, you can't do it while still be online ingame.

I hope this could help you mate.
Also note that it will only prompt for Epic items and bosses in the 10-man Raid zones and up. Blue items won't be tracked, nor will 5-man dungeons.

--
I'm being prompted for badges and the epic drops in 5 man heroics. Would be nice to have these ignored.
The badges should allready be on the ignore list so make sure you have the updated version of grss. Concerning loot I would suggest you just disable grss loot when not in raids.

Type /grss loot this toggles if it registers loot or not.
Make absolutely sure you're updated to the latest version.

--

[Back to Index]