Forgot your password?
Dumb questions...

Dumb questions...
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Advanced Layout]
Secondary: None

Chops,

These two are probably really dumb questions, but they're puzzling me at the moment.

On the Menu File help page, the example given from the Wrath style has <div>s at the top and bottom which have classes set to 'menus' and 'base'. Are these hidden/protected classes that are defined by DKPs internal gubbins or are they just calls for classes specified by the Wrath CSS? I've looked at the Wrath CSS and can't find them in there - so are they needed?

Also, the menus on the left and right of the Grudge site don't separate out from each other - I'm guessing that I've doubled-up/overlapped somewhere on defining the various menu classes - but maybe you could take a look and let me know if I'm correct?

Thanks again

Gower
www.grudge.dkpsystem.com

Edit: Can I add another question?

In the forums, some of the characters have black backgrounds to their posts, some others have a teal background and others dark reds, where is this info held/changed or it is just a random thing? I've gone thru the Admin>Forum list and can't see a whay to set/change these colours.
Quote by Gower
Chops,

These two are probably really dumb questions, but they're puzzling me at the moment.

On the Menu File help page, the example given from the Wrath style has <div>s at the top and bottom which have classes set to 'menus' and 'base'. Are these hidden/protected classes that are defined by DKPs internal gubbins or are they just calls for classes specified by the Wrath CSS? I've looked at the Wrath CSS and can't find them in there - so are they needed?

Also, the menus on the left and right of the Grudge site don't separate out from each other - I'm guessing that I've doubled-up/overlapped somewhere on defining the various menu classes - but maybe you could take a look and let me know if I'm correct?

I found the answer to these first two, both were solved by getting the menupage.html to work correctly, with the correct CSS class names that matched those in my CSS sheet.

Anything on the third question would still be gratefully received.
That's in the CSS too. That's where I had to edit it to change mine.

--
Followers of Nobility
Quote by Jedis

Do you remember the class names I should be looking out for in the CSS?

As some people have some colours and others have other colours is it a randomised thing?
Quote by Gower
Quote by Jedis

Do you remember the class names I should be looking out for in the CSS?

As some people have some colours and others have other colours is it a randomised thing?

Look for PostText.. other forum settings are around that one.

--
Followers of Nobility
Thanks Jedis,

That's got me another step closer.

Would anyone be able to shed any light on this? At the head of my forum pages, where you can set the style of thread layout and amount of posts per page, the text is coming out black, even though I believe that this text is controlled by the class .list2

I've set .list2 as:

.list2,.l2{
font-size: 9pt;
color: #EEEEEE;
background: #111111;
}

But this text doesn't seem to inherit the 'color' correctly - any ideas?

I've attached an image to show what I mean.

thanks again

Gower
www.grudge.dkpsystem.com
I believe the poor inheriting has to do with problems with Tables not inheriting certain properties from their parent elements, font information, particularly.

I'd recommend doing

body {
color: #eeeeee
}

Which would fix this problem universally (like in the "Login Box", where I'm also getting Black text on your site).

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Chops,

Many thanks for that, that's fixed the issues on both the forum pages and the login box [I was looking at the #loginstuff id for that text still being black].

Thanks for the quick responses, they're very much appreciated!

Gower
www.grudge.dkpsystem.com
In the forums, some of the characters have black backgrounds to their posts, some others have a teal background and others dark reds, where is this info held/changed or it is just a random thing? I've gone thru the Admin>Forum list and can't see a whay to set/change these colours.

This problem is actually fixed in Admin > Security > Ranks, where you're able to assign colors to particular ranks (like how my posts have a reddish tint to them here). This is similar in spirit to the "Blue" posts on the WoW forums, used to make "official" posts stand out.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Hmmm, think I'll have to get our GM to give me the top level access to the Admin menus as I can't see Security option at the moment.

Once again, thanks for the info and quick response Chops.

Gower
www.grudge.dkpsystem.com

[Back to Index]