Forgot your password?
dkp priviledge bug

dkp priviledge bug
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [General]
Secondary: None

Hi there.

I want to be able to give DKP upload privilege to some members, and NOT give them other abilities. If I go to the security settings and just turn on "dkp" they don't get an "admin" button, so it doesn't look like they can actually DO any DKP settings. If I give them "menu" privilege, they can see the DKP menu, but they can also edit accounts.

Am I missing something?

Brian
Hi there.

I want to be able to give DKP upload privilege to some members, and NOT give them other abilities. If I go to the security settings and just turn on "dkp" they don't get an "admin" button, so it doesn't look like they can actually DO any DKP settings. If I give them "menu" privilege, they can see the DKP menu, but they can also edit accounts.

Am I missing something?

Brian

You will need to go back into the Security settings and change the settings on Logins and Members to a Rank higher. This will remove thier ability to access Accounts and Characters.

If doing this will change the access privileges of other Members then you may need to change how your Ranks are handled and modify the access privileges accordingly.

--
Sreh
Sreh's pretty much right there.

You'll want that rank to only have access to "menu" and "dkp" and the other privledges given to the higher rank.

--
It's all in the reflexes.

You'll want that rank to only have access to "menu" and "dkp" and the other privledges given to the higher rank.

You're not understanding me.

Everything is set right -- "raid leaders" are below "officers", and everything is set at "officer" level except for "dkp" which is set to "raid leader."

BUT, with it set like that, "raid leaders" don't get an "Admin" menu, and can't actually DO ANYTHING to the DKP.

Am I more clear now? Or is it me who's not understanding?

Brian

You're not understanding me.

Everything is set right -- "raid leaders" are below "officers", and everything is set at "officer" level except for "dkp" which is set to "raid leader."

BUT, with it set like that, "raid leaders" don't get an "Admin" menu, and can't actually DO ANYTHING to the DKP.

Am I more clear now? Or is it me who's not understanding?

Brian

You see at the bottom of Sreh's screenshot. The bottem line says "menu Administrative Menu" and the drop down. That needs to be set to Raid Leader. This controls the ability to see the Admin Menu. I had the same problem. It is kind of an obsure setting but once you set this to Raid Leader (or what ever rank it is) They will get the menu.

--
Six Demon BagRefresh This Item
Jack Burton: Hey, what more can a guy ask for?
Egg Shen: Oh, a six-demon bag!
Jack Burton: Terrific, a six-demon bag. Sensational. What's in it, Egg?
Egg Shen: Wind, fire, all that kind of thing!
Just so I can look at the data myself, which site are you from again? (please pardon my terrible memory).

Anyways. You'll need to give them "menu" permissions as well. That is what turns on the "Admin" link on the menu. Only the appropriate sections of the admin menu will show up. So if that rank only has "dkp" permissions (in addition to "menu" permissions), they won't have access to change characters, accounts, layout settings, etc).

--
Just so I can look at the data myself, which site are you from again? (please pardon my terrible memory).

Anyways. You'll need to give them "menu" permissions as well. That is what turns on the "Admin" link on the menu. Only the appropriate sections of the admin menu will show up. So if that rank only has "dkp" permissions (in addition to "menu" permissions), they won't have access to change characters, accounts, layout settings, etc).

Chops, we're www.trpguild.com.

I've given "raid leader" "menu" permission. When I do that, they DO get the admin menu, but in addition to the dkp section, they also get the account admin section.

Brian

P.S. I've taken over as guild master, but I don't see any place on THESE forums (not my guild forums) that I can change my title.
I just created the character "Chops" on your site, and gave him "Raid Leader" Permissions. All I see on the admin menu is "News" and the "DKP section."

The admin menu will disable functions that they shouldn't have access to.

You can reproduce this by creating your own bogus account and setting the rank to "Raid Leader", then logging in an checking out the admin section.

--
I just created the character "Chops" on your site, and gave him "Raid Leader" Permissions. All I see on the admin menu is "News" and the "DKP section."

The admin menu will disable functions that they shouldn't have access to.

You can reproduce this by creating your own bogus account and setting the rank to "Raid Leader", then logging in an checking out the admin section.

Hmm, you're right, it seems to be working as advertised. I'll have to double check with my raid leaders, maybe I did something wrong the first time.

Thanks,

Brian
Awesome!

--

[Back to Index]