Password:

Forgot your password?
Some ideas...

Some ideas...
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Suggestions]
Secondary: [Support] [Suggestions]

There are a few functionality ideas that I was wondering if could be added to the white board...

1. The Raid Attendance section
It would be nice if we could select only mains or certain ranks (For us Backup Raider or higher would be ideal, all alts are tagged as non-raiders) to show up there. It sucks when someone neglects to run the log and I have to scroll down through 200+ names selecting this one and that one to give them attendance.

2. I don't know WHY but some of my members, when they are on an alt in a raid, the drop down next to their name when I upload the attendance/loot log for EQ2 already lists the correct main. However a Vast majority don't. It would be nice if these drop downs somehow automatically pulled the MAIN associated with the login. I know that you added a function to award/remove from mains only, but as we experienced many bugs with this that you and I discussed... I had to stop using it.

3. It would be nice if an Admin had the ability to put a check on an alt to allow them to appear in the sign up drop down. When I have to sign someone up, again, I have to scroll thru 100s of names, most of which wouldn't ever be allowed to raid. I would prefer to designate which names are allowed to show up in that list so people will know what alts they would be allowed to bring.

4. The ability to wipe raid availability from all members

Thansk Chops for considering
1. The Raid Attendance section
It would be nice if we could select only mains or certain ranks (For us Backup Raider or higher would be ideal, all alts are tagged as non-raiders) to show up there. It sucks when someone neglects to run the log and I have to scroll down through 200+ names selecting this one and that one to give them attendance.

You actually can do this. You need to create something on the order of a "DKP Roster" or "Raiding Roster", choosing the players you wish to be marked as "Raiders".

Then edit the DKP System and choose the roster from the drop down box on the "Edit DKP System" page.

2. I don't know WHY but some of my members, when they are on an alt in a raid, the drop down next to their name when I upload the attendance/loot log for EQ2 already lists the correct main.

The system attempts to associate alts with mains by default during the import process. If a character has been assigned to another, AND the alt character has no attendance records, it will automatically populate it to the character previously assigned to (if that makes sense).

3. It would be nice if an Admin had the ability to put a check on an alt to allow them to appear in the sign up drop down. When I have to sign someone up, again, I have to scroll thru 100s of names, most of which wouldn't ever be allowed to raid. I would prefer to designate which names are allowed to show up in that list so people will know what alts they would be allowed to bring.

This is similar to the issue above. You can create a roster that you then assign to the calendar events, limiting signups to that specific roster.

Does that help?

I know I answered this a little late for you, but I hope it's helping you.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
The issue with multiple rosters is when people want to see who our members are, they have to look at several rosters, but I will see if it can be worked out to my satisfaction.

With regards to the import population alts and mains thing...

HEre is the Scenario.

Dharvane is the alt of Strongblayde.
Dharvane had never attended a raid.
I import the EQ2 raid attendance log
Dharvane shows up in pink, with no name in the drop down.

Now Avathi is an alt of Darke.
Avathi also has no attendance, as we award to mains.
When I import the log, Avathi shows up with Darke in the drop down.

Its confusing!

When I upload the log, what I would love to see is:

Upload log
If character = Alt then search login name for main and place main in dropdown
If no login associated or main associated (human error) then leave drop down blank.
Viola! less chance for Shianne to screw up and award loot or points to non-raid toons!

[Back to Index]