Password:

Forgot your password?
Roster Rules

Roster Rules
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [General]
Secondary: None

Roster Rules are a new feature just deployed about 5 minutes ago. This allows you to create a series of rules that can automatically populate your rosters.

If you head to Admin > Characters and Accounts > Rosters, you'll see the option called "Auto-Add Members."

That link will take you to a page that briefly describes how to use Roster Rules.

For example, you could make a custom roster that will automatically be built of all your Level 70 Orc Warlocks.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Quote by Chops
Roster Rules are a new feature just deployed about 5 minutes ago. This allows you to create a series of rules that can automatically populate your rosters.

If you head to Admin > Characters and Accounts > Rosters, you'll see the option called "Auto-Add Members."

That link will take you to a page that briefly describes how to use Roster Rules.

For example, you could make a custom roster that will automatically be built of all your Level 70 Orc Warlocks.

Will these rules also allow you to populate based on game or guild name? My site currently have multiple Kinships with same game and a second game with a developing roster not connected to the first.

--
Sreh
Will these rules also allow you to populate based on game or guild name?

It's based on game, yes, because the roster has to be assigned to a game, and it's based on server as well if the roster is assigned to a roster.

As for guild name, I'm afraid not currently.

--
I've been working to modify some new rosters on my site and I can't find where the previous guy got check boxes to show when people create new characters.

Auto-populate seems to have an exceptionally limited choice selections. I thought creating new custom character fields might give me more choices but it didn't. Nor did it add a roster check box when I created a new roster and then subsequently created a new character.

I'm not sure of your back end interface, but a perfect world might allow a person to view and filter the roster based upon custom fields in the database already. Say, 2 squads of members over XX level in of XX class or ship.

As always, here to hopefully help improve the tools available.
You can currently define the roster rules to be min XX level and YY class.

Are you just asking that custom fields (the user-created fields in Admin > General Settings > Custom Fields (Character) ) be included in the auto-roster functionality?

Or am I misunderstanding your request?

--
as it is now, the auto-add rule only has this for me:

Rule Name
Rule Type
Minimum Rank
Maximum Rank
Minimum Levels
Maximum Levels
Mains or Alts

There is no class choice and in my case I would prefer a field for squad. I'm not sure where the guy that set up the site found the ability to add ship roster choices for character creation, but even that isn't available as a choice for auto-add.

Where do I find the ability to customize what rosters a person may check to join when creating new characters?
You'll want to head to Admin > Games > Games and edit the "Navy Field" game to add Classes. Then the Class option will show up on the roster rules section.

I'll post in your other suggestion thread about it.

--

[Back to Index]