Forgot your password?
Changing pages on Items Recieved

Changing pages on Items Recieved
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Support]
Secondary: None

Here is my question,

On items received we have 2 dkp systems one for our main raids & one for our alt runs. If we want to look at the pages for the main raids (Which there are 6 pages of currently) and with the drop down box choose the main raid, then go to page 2, it resets to "All Systems".

Is there a certainly way to keep the view (no matter which page your on) of the certain dkp system you want to view, with out it resetting to "All Systems"

--
Alicatt ~
Fixed!

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Thanks again Chops!

I now have a second Question not with the DKP pages things but I don't wanna make another thread so ...

Where can I find out what size Banners we can use as a general rule. I have a guildie wanted to make a new banner and needs to know the sizes to use to make it look much nicer than the current one.

Thanks for your help, again.

Alicatt~

--
Alicatt ~
There's no real guideline there. Especially for the template you have, you can have pretty much any size logo.

The safe thing is to have him design it larger: It's easier in the graphics program to shrink a large design than to expand a small design.

Your current logo is something like 900x100. I'd recommend sticking with a wider one, like you currently have rather than going square or something.

--
Thanks again. I'll be sure to pass that on for him to wrk on.

Oh and yes.. I have another issue

Here is a copy/paste of a bug I keep getting, I think some other guildies are having the same or similar issue

1x GuildRaidSnapShot\GuildRaidSnapShot.lua:867: bad argument #1 to 'pairs' (table expected, got nil)
GuildRaidSnapShot\GuildRaidSnapShot.lua:867: in function `GRSS_GetItemPoints'
GuildRaidSnapShot\GuildRaidSnapShot.lua:1752: in function `GRSS_CaptureLoot'
GuildRaidSnapShot\GuildRaidSnapShot.lua:1194: in function `GuildRaidSnapShot_OnEvent'
<string>:"*:OnEvent":1: in function <[string "*:OnEvent"]:1>

Locals:
item = "Drake-Mounted Crossbow"

I was in ICC 5 Man Heroic, so I think it pertains to the loot. as when we killed bosses the GRSS box came up for that prompt.

--
Alicatt ~
Try running the GetGRSSDKP.exe program inside the Interface/Addons/GuildRaidSnapShot folder. That should clear up that problem. Let me know if it does not.

--
Try running the GetGRSSDKP.exe program inside the Interface/Addons/GuildRaidSnapShot folder. That should clear up that problem. Let me know if it does not.

I shall. I 'll also pass it on to the others that may be running it to see it that fixes the problem.

--
Alicatt ~
I did a step by step (photos included) of how to hopefully fix the problem with the mod.. It was that the others running the mod had not clicked on the Camel and completed the rest.

The only other thing I know of having issues is that one guildie running the mod, has vehicle bar issues when he's playing that Abom guy in Professor Putricide. I'll let you know about any more issues by Sunday.

Of course my job wouldn't be done with out another question.

So If we are using the In-game Calendar for raid sign-ups and I want to use the upload Snapshot for that BUT heres the twist . I am not invited to the raid, (I don't raid just the website chick) how can I still get a snapshot with out being invited to the sign-up. I also don't understand how can I get a snapshot without BEING in a raid as well to get that info.

What say he?

--
Alicatt ~
As long as you can see the calendar event, you should be able to import it and upload it. But, if you're not invited, and can't see the raid, another user will have to do the upload - that's a limitation of WoW.

The same goes for the raiding. You can't get a snapshot of the raid without being in the raid - another user running the mod would have to upload the file, or email it to you.

Make sense?

--
I did try to manually take a snapshot by timer. It did have 5 new things to upload but it uploaded only 1, can you look at the calendar and see maybe what I can do to keep it synced?

Also with that possibly making two separate events, would it be better that I delete all the automatic events that are upcoming?

I'm trying to make it as LESS confusing to the guild as possible, and any help you can throw this way is Fab!

--
Alicatt ~
Quote by Chops
As long as you can see the calendar event, you should be able to import it and upload it. But, if you're not invited, and can't see the raid, another user will have to do the upload - that's a limitation of WoW.

The same goes for the raiding. You can't get a snapshot of the raid without being in the raid - another user running the mod would have to upload the file, or email it to you.

Make sense?

Yes that's what I was afraid of. But I did ask for the GM to send me an invite so that I can see it at least. But to really upload it I'll have to be in the raid at least once to upload the calender from that kinda... correct?

--
Alicatt ~
Quote by Alicatt

Yes that's what I was afraid of. But I did ask for the GM to send me an invite so that I can see it at least. But to really upload it I'll have to be in the raid at least once to upload the calender from that kinda... correct?

Well, to take any snapshots of the raid, you have to be in the raid itself (it uses WoW's raid API to get the list).

That is separate from the calendar events. You don't need to be in the raid to import events from the calendar. As long as you can see the calendar events, you can import them, but that doesn't import who actually attended the events, only who signed up to be there.

Does that help?

--
Quote by Chops
That is separate from the calendar events. You don't need to be in the raid to import events from the calendar. As long as you can see the calendar events, you can import them, but that doesn't import who actually attended the events, only who signed up to be there.

Does that help?

Yes that helps. So all I need is to be invited by the calendar to the raid. I have to see the scheduled raid on the in-game calendar, and with nothing else I can import to sync the two calendars. Is that done under the DKPprofileruploader? and me not really having to snapshot anything.

The officers are running the grss Mod as well and upload the items received from there (We use loot Council). What is the benefit for uploading the calendar again after the raid? Just for attendance?

Edit: So I uploaded the calendar as it says to do.

As you can see on the calendar that tonight's raid (3/11) I got all the people in that one. As for the rest of next weeks raids, you can't see anyone that was invited or accepted, anything. Is that correct or am I doing something wrong (which is highly possible)?

If a person were to have the whole raid snapshot, was in the raid all night, that would be the most accurate way to get the calendar attendance.

Can the sign-up option I imported for tonight's raid, be used for the mass invite list? and waiting list?

--
Alicatt ~
Is that done under the DKPprofileruploader? and me not really having to snapshot anything.

It's done with the GRSS mod.

What is the benefit for uploading the calendar again after the raid? Just for attendance?

There is no benefit for uploading the *calendar* again after a raid. If your officers are uploading the items, they might as well upload the attendance too, since it's all in the same thing. Since you use loot council, it's nice to at least have attendance information there to refer.

But purely optional.

Is that correct or am I doing something wrong (which is highly possible)?

All that you're missing, I suspect, is that in order for the mod to see the signups, you have to click on the calendar event in-game so that it opens the event details pane.

If a person were to have the whole raid snapshot, was in the raid all night, that would be the most accurate way to get the calendar attendance.

Being in the raid has no relation to the calendar.

1) You have to be able to see the event on the calendar to get the signups and events for the calendar upload
2) You have to be in the raid[i] in order to get the [i]actual attendance.

But being in the raid will not change anything with regard to the calendar events, and vice versa. The functions are completely separate, aside from the fact that they are in the mod.

Can the sign-up option I imported for tonight's raid, be used for the mass invite list? and waiting list?

Yes, though it's important to note that the GetGRSSDKP program is designed to be run before each raid to download all the current on-site information into the game. Without that step, the mass invite from the GRSS wouldn't work.

--
I think you answered all of my questions with great detail. Thanks for breaking it down for me.

Did you get a chance to look at the calendar on our site? the only day that has 25 sign-ups was Thursday the 11th. The other raid days showed up but no names are attached.

I did have the Gm invite me to each raid next week which I did open each one to view it. Is there more I should be doing??

--
Alicatt ~
To get all the names of the invites, you'll have to click each individual event on the in-game calendar. Scratch that, it's true, but I misread your last post

Just to humor me, give it a shot re-opening each event in-game, just to see the signup list, then close WoW and upload the file.

If that *still* doesn't work, then it sounds like something might be up.

--
PM'ing you a SS of what I did and you can see if I'm doing it wrong.

--
Alicatt ~

[Back to Index]