Password:

Forgot your password?
Shout Box Added!

Shout Box Added!
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [General]
Secondary: None

By popular request, I've finally added a Shout Box. You can add one by going to Admin > Custom Menus > Add New, and checking the box for "This is a shout box"

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Awesome, nice feature. How can you modify where in the menu's that appears? I'd love to see it either right above or right below my calendar instead of below our Instance Schedule notice.

http://thearcanum.dkpsystem.com

--

The Arcanum
Unfortunately, it's not possible yet, without doing the Advanced Layout Stuff. But one of the next things to do is the ordering of the menus.

--
Unfortunately, it's not possible yet, without doing the Advanced Layout Stuff. But one of the next things to do is the ordering of the menus.

/em begs you to generate my default layout so i can edit it instead of starting form scratch.

--

/em begs you to generate my default layout so i can edit it instead of starting form scratch.

It's close to the top of the list. My goal is to have it done in 2 weeks.

--
Anyway to add a "Scroll feature" to the shout box so that it doesnt show all 300 shouts (if there were) lol.
Anyway to add a "Scroll feature" to the shout box so that it doesnt show all 300 shouts (if there were) lol.

It should auto-scroll after it reaches 300 pixels high.

--
Thank you Chops! The guild will love it.

Lan

It should auto-scroll after it reaches 300 pixels high.

Can you add a scroll to the Vent Status box also. this can get kind of long and would be nice if it were condensed and scrollable.

--
Six Demon BagRefresh This Item
Jack Burton: Hey, what more can a guy ask for?
Egg Shen: Oh, a six-demon bag!
Jack Burton: Terrific, a six-demon bag. Sensational. What's in it, Egg?
Egg Shen: Wind, fire, all that kind of thing!
Woot! Thanks Chops!! This is one of the things I missed.

--
Why do my shouts not appear in the shout box. They all appear above it.

--
...whoa..that is wierd.

I'm on it like white on rice.

--
When you get a chance chops, check the size of the shout box on my site. It seems to me that it is bigger than 300 pixels right now, and there is no scroll bar. It is going to make the page pretty long if it keeps going.

Thanks! Oh, and I love that you added this feature. The guild and I have been waiting patiently for it! You rock!

Jaz
Damn Internet Explorer. The scrollbar isn't working for IE. I'll get that straightened out.

--
I implemented the Shout Box. But, it doesn't appear anywhere on our site.

www.godgivenarrogance.com

--
Hey Fred! I'm off to crash the server. Wish me luck!
Almost 10 months and still no response.

--
Hey Fred! I'm off to crash the server. Wish me luck!
It doesn't look like you are using a custom layout so the problem is most likely naming. What did you call the Shout Box? Since chops added the new Menu Administration section this should be fairly simple. Under Admin > Menu Administration what do you show for your shout box?

When you look at the admin menu it should look something like this. if it doesn't appear or had a line or anything through it then there is a problem. If you don't see your shout box in the list of menus then click the add menu link at the top of the page and recreate it.

If it is there click "Edit" next to it and make sure the settings appear as follows.

--
It doesn't look like you are using a custom layout

Oddly enough, there Is a custom layout being used.

In this case, you'll want to do one of two things, both of which start by heading to Admin > Advanced Layout Options.

1) Click "Revert to Original." This will disable the Advanced Layout, and on my first (admittely quick) look at your site, it doesn't look like there's anything crazy going on that would require that.

2) Download the "Current Layout file" and edit it to include the name of the shoutbox in a menu (ie, <!--System:Menu:Shout Box-->

I'm sorry for never responding to this. I do occasionally miss posts like this. What I ask, however, is that if I (or anyone) haven't answered a question in a few days, give it a bump. That at least reminds me that the problem persists.

--
Quote by Chops
What I ask, however, is that if I (or anyone) haven't answered a question in a few days, give it a bump. That at least reminds me that the problem persists.

I'd also add that posting a problem at the bottom of a feature announcement thread is probably not the best place to get help.

The best thing to do is make thread in the Support thread tag to the extent of "Help - ShoutBox not visible". In the body of the thread provide some details about what steps you took to create it, display it, etc.

--

[Back to Index]