Password:

Forgot your password?
Multiple arguments in !dkp <player>

Multiple arguments in !dkp <player>
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Support]
Secondary: None

Our guild would like to be able to type multiple names at one time and see a list of DKP points.

Is it possible to have multiple arguments in the DKP MOD query !dkp <player>? If so, I cannot figure out what the delimiter is

-joe
Eustace - The Spreading Taint - Proudmoore

Our guild would like to be able to type multiple names at one time and see a list of DKP points.

Is it possible to have multiple arguments in the DKP MOD query !dkp <player>? If so, I cannot figure out what the delimiter is

-joe
Eustace - The Spreading Taint - Proudmoore

I dont think so but what are you trying to do?
You can do !dkpclass mage if you seek all mage dkp.

--
Six Demon BagRefresh This Item
Jack Burton: Hey, what more can a guy ask for?
Egg Shen: Oh, a six-demon bag!
Jack Burton: Terrific, a six-demon bag. Sensational. What's in it, Egg?
Egg Shen: Wind, fire, all that kind of thing!
Ahh...that's a good idea. I'm pretty sure I can make that happen, but at the moment, it can only return one player's dkp at a time, or a single class with !dkpclass.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
I dont think so but what are you trying to do?
You can do !dkpclass mage if you seek all mage dkp.

Here's an example:
I want to know the dkp points for Eustace, Saudorun, and Chops wihtout hvaing to look through a list of 100 names.

I can type:
/tell eustace !dkp Eustace
/tell eustace !dkp Saudorun
/tell eustace !dkp Chops

to see the vaules

I would like to type (but currently cannot):
/tell eustace !dkp Eustace Saudorun Chops

to see all their values at once and have less typing.

We've actually worked around this with our system, but this would still be a cool feature.

-joe
Are you doing this to see who should get an item (have the most dkp) out of the people who want it?

If so I've just started using the addon's in game built in roll function...the people who want it roll, I sort by the people who roll and right there is their dkp. The roll numbers are ignored, but I no longer am struggling figuring out who has the highest
For set item price instances, we just have everyone bid 1 dkp and it sorts them for us, just as the roll does.

--
Eleipher, The Warlock Extraordinaire
The New Beginning
Thorium Brother Hood

Guild Webmaster
Hey chops... is there a way to !dkp <player> and have it bring up the dkp from multiple systems? You know that my guild uses 3 database system to manage the dkp and currently the !dkp command will only bring up the dkp of the system that is currently selected. Maybe something like...

!dkpbwl <player> will bring up the dkp for the player in all database with BWL tagged to it?

--
Sreh
One of the next things is to have it return the standings from ALL the DKP Systems when you do !dkp player, and adding support for multiple players at a time.

So you could do

!dkp Chops Sreh

And you'd get both Chops's and Sreh's standings in all your Systems.

--
One of the next things is to have it return the standings from ALL the DKP Systems when you do !dkp player, and adding support for multiple players at a time.

So you could do

!dkp Chops Sreh

And you'd get both Chops's and Sreh's standings in all your Systems.

That would be cool... but one snag. To list all dkp systems would fill up the chat window pretty quick. Especially since I currently have 6 databases running to manage to instance. This will increase to 9 soon and then shortly there after to 12. Being able to call a set of systems by their tag would be more efficient.

--
Sreh
eek. Well, I'll be giving some thought to how it should work before doing anything.

--
That would be cool... but one snag. To list all dkp systems would fill up the chat window pretty quick. Especially since I currently have 6 databases running to manage to instance. This will increase to 9 soon and then shortly there after to 12. Being able to call a set of systems by their tag would be more efficient.

Based on how your setting out the multiplication here I am assuming you use 3 systems per instance? If this is the case then maybe you could use something common to the instance in the name of the system or atleast a similar name of each system with a minor difference. Then as a filter Chops could use something like a regex that would match on part of the system name.

Chops you might alway want to consider moving quicker on the client application to support all of these more advanced requests. Giving a user the ability to open a gui and request things from the server user might make things a little easier. This would certainly get rid of the need to use all the whisper commands and make things more stream lined as well as possible supporting better options.

--
Six Demon BagRefresh This Item
Jack Burton: Hey, what more can a guy ask for?
Egg Shen: Oh, a six-demon bag!
Jack Burton: Terrific, a six-demon bag. Sensational. What's in it, Egg?
Egg Shen: Wind, fire, all that kind of thing!

Based on how your setting out the multiplication here I am assuming you use 3 systems per instance? If this is the case then maybe you could use something common to the instance in the name of the system or atleast a similar name of each system with a minor difference. Then as a filter Chops could use something like a regex that would match on part of the system name.

Chops you might alway want to consider moving quicker on the client application to support all of these more advanced requests. Giving a user the ability to open a gui and request things from the server user might make things a little easier. This would certainly get rid of the need to use all the whisper commands and make things more stream lined as well as possible supporting better options.

Sorry, in my last post it wasn't clear as to the number of systems per instance. Yes I do use 3 systems per instance... they are named accordingly;

Molten Core Armor
Molten Core Misc
Molten Core Weapons

Blackwing Lair Armor
Blackwing Lair Misc
Blackwing Lair Weapons

So they do all have a common name with just the last word to differentiate the databases.

--
Sreh
Just out of curiousity ...what value do you see in multiple dkp systems ...especially multiple per instance?

Personally I can only see the value in 20 man vs 40 man...

For example, lets say I only have 40 man dkp
MC
BWL
AQ40
All in 1 dkp system.

The guild is focusing on AQ40.
Every now and again the guild does BWL
BWL is only on Tuesdays
Jim does AQ40 all the time.
Jim normally can't do Tuesday BWl, but would love to so he can finish his set
He finally gets a Tuesday off and gets to do BWL...well he has no DKP so literally has no chance at finishing his set.

You just punished a hard core raider who's been helping you on your primary instance.

[Back to Index]