Forgot your password?
Calling for criticism

Calling for criticism
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [General]
Secondary: None

<<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >>>

Is there any way you could add a "Lock sign ups XX hours before raid start" check box in the sign up box off the calendar?

General concern here is that we(I assume a lot of people) use sign up bonus dkp, and currently someone can happen to be online and sign up, or retract their sign up a few minutes before the raid. If the sign ups auto locked, or had a lock this 12/24/36/whatever hours before raid start, it would be really helpful.

-Maligator
INCONCEIVABLE!

Interesting. Good call on that.

Thanks Chops!
One of my biggest worries when I started this was the concern with getting all sorts of support calls, and hearing endless complains. Truthfully, that never really happened, and most support calls I end up taking are way more casual than my past experience. It's almost like hanging out with friends.

I have to say that my guildies are blown away by the quality of the product you've delivered. I've gotten comment from "who the heck found this? It's awsome!" to "I can't believe how much information is out here" to "lol this site makes my eyes bleed! Too much information!" Ok, so the last one I just slapped for being a noob.

Can't tell you how much fun I have when you deploy something new!! We have people on the site all the time and they're jumping up and down with joy about your ingame whisper for dkp!!!

/hug

--
Ok, I have a request that I haven't seen out there yet but thought I'd put it out.

When I get a solicitation from a guidie and they ask for a dkp review, It gives me a box to check; Approved, Denied, No Action.

While Approved and No Action don't require an explaination Denied probably does... it is possible to get a text field popup that would allow me a way to tell them why?

Currently I'm sending a private post via the forums.

--
There have been a number of reports of the site being difficult to use lately, and I'm hoping to make this a simple repository to ignite some conversation about what features the users of dkpsystem.com find to be difficult to use, or confusing. In an effort to improve your experience working with the system, please let me know what your concerns are. Even if you only have compaints, I'm here to listen to them, address them, and improve the overall user-friendliness of the DKPSystem.com.

----
The day Microsoft makes a product that doesn't suck is the day they make a vacuum cleaner.

Well i figure, in the end, the less keystrokes a user interface needed would greatley enhance any electronic system

--
DKP Top 5 Lists.

I like the ability to quickly sort the current standings by class/rank, etc. Is there anyway to add a simple option that shows a sorted list of the Top 5 of each class in current DKP? So that when clicked it displayed something like:

Druid 1
Druid 2
Druid 3
Druid 4
Druid 5

Hunter 1
Hunter 2
Hunter 3
Hunter 4
Hunter 5

etc. Basically, something you could click and easily reference to see the leaders in each of the classes.

Class Numbers
Additionally, is there any way to get some way to implement a class numbers display? On our site we have icons for each of the classes representing the recruitment, that highlight, but I'd love to have an automated number next to each of those icons that shows how many we already have. That way, if say we have like 32 mages, and very few other classes, it would be readily apparent that we're probably not accepting mage applications. Personally I'd prefer it to only display characters with actual earned dkp or a set amount of earned dkp to display actual raiding characters rather than a character who showed up on one random raid, but I guess it would also be nice to have a display for the total number of characters of that class that you have registered to your guild.

Just some more thoughts, thanks again for your time.

--
-Goth
Forum catergories plz!!

When i look at the forums its a mess, i have to many posts that need to be stickied and they fill up the main screen. The ability to make so people have to click on the catergory first would be much nicer or at least an option that lets you choose to have it either way.

I had the same problem, and if you have any forums that are "Sticky" and "Locked" you could post them as a guide. Just a thought a quick remedy until there are multiple forums created

--
Forum catergories plz!!

When i look at the forums its a mess, i have to many posts that need to be stickied and they fill up the main screen. The ability to make so people have to click on the catergory first would be much nicer or at least an option that lets you choose to have it either way.

I had the same problem, and if you have any forums that are "Sticky" and "Locked" you could post them as a guide. Just a thought a quick remedy until there are multiple forums created

While I will never quite abandon the standard forums interface I 'grew up with' Chops does have a point. The more I use the forum interface of DKPsystem, the more I see the advantages and ease of use it actually has. It's seriously like switching from QWERTY to DVORAK, or something similar. Your instincts want to fight the change and since you've trained yourself on how to use forums in one way, anything different is initially horrible and feels completely wrong, but the more you use it, and train yourself with it, the better you'll find it in the long run.

--
-Goth
Sorry to bug you, but I ahve setup class forums on our site and seem to have a large number of trolls recently. As in hunters posting in the priest forum etc . . . I was wondering if we could get the option to grant access to view and create threads in forum tags by user account. It would bypass the rank sysytem, but would allow me to quel the masses.

--
I'm not friendly . . .
You could use the "Private Thread Tags" to do this. Have you, or your Class Officers create a thread tag for the specific class. Then only the owner of the thread tag will be able to modify it.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Basically I have a section called class forums, and under that I have a thread tag for each class. I was wondering if i could make the entire thread tag(any thread started for each class) setup as "private tag". Only viewable/edit by those on the access list.

--
I'm not friendly . . .
Basically I have a section called class forums, and under that I have a thread tag for each class. I was wondering if i could make the entire thread tag(any thread started for each class) setup as "private tag".

At the moment, no, unfortunately. There are plans on adding something like this, but at the moment, it's not available.

--
OK thanks I apreciate your response. I will try and get them to create prive tags and elminate the class forum for now.

--
I'm not friendly . . .
OK thanks I apreciate your response. I will try and get them to create prive tags and elminate the class forum for now.

Happy to help. If you think about it, it'll probably be clearer anyway, since most people will have 1, maybe 2 different thread tags for the classes in which they are a member, so I wouldn't think it'd be that big a deal.

--
Ability to have "dps class" sign ups instead of straight classes.

Let's say we're going to do AQ20 and we need 6 casters, it doesn't matter if they're warlocks or mages (or shadow priests, but we can ignore them for now) just as long as we have 6 of them, is it possible for this to happen? I realize it may be a lot more trouble than it's worth, and I could always just say "need 6 casters" as a note for the raid and approve the first 6 that sign up, but I think it could be a cool feature, maybe moreso in the upcoming burning crusade.

-Kovacs

--
Not sure if this has been brought up-- checked the first few pages and then the last.

The online tracker that comes with the site is ok, but I'd really love to see how many visitors are viewing the web site as well. Any way to add a line about the visitors who are viewing the site?

Also, anywhere to check and see what the site traffic has been?
Also, anywhere to check and see what the site traffic has been?

At the moment, no, but I'll look into adding that.

As for Kovacs' suggestion about the "Class Group" signups (ie DPS, Healers, etc), that's something I've been kicking around for a while, but as of yet, simply haven't implemented. It's definitely something I'll be giving some consideration to.

--
Ok here's one. Our guild banker has requested the ability to 'parse' out certain items from the bank list. We sometimes have either epic boe's or other items on the bank that we don't wish to have displayed.

Is it possible to get the option of not displaying certain bank contents?

--
Ok here's one. Our guild banker has requested the ability to 'parse' out certain items from the bank list. We sometimes have either epic boe's or other items on the bank that we don't wish to have displayed.

Is it possible to get the option of not displaying certain bank contents?

You know you can edit the lua file that you upload and if you understand the format (which really isn't that hard) and just delete them out. Or you can use a completely separate bank for items you don't want people to see and then have that character either not uploaded or not marked as a guild bank.

--
Six Demon BagRefresh This Item
Jack Burton: Hey, what more can a guy ask for?
Egg Shen: Oh, a six-demon bag!
Jack Burton: Terrific, a six-demon bag. Sensational. What's in it, Egg?
Egg Shen: Wind, fire, all that kind of thing!
You know you can edit the lua file that you upload and if you understand the format (which really isn't that hard) and just delete them out.

Yes, but I'm not the bank manager and he isn't sufficiently tech savy to use that solution. If there was a simple interface like raid loots that would allow you to uncheck items you do not want displayed... this would solve the issue.

Just wanna make it a lil bit easier on the bank.

We've been using the hide it in the mail technique recently but haveing a nonbank toon would work too.

--
When accepting / rejecting an application to the website, would it be possible to have the 'reason' you post for the acception/rejection auto-posted as a reply to the thread so that any of the other people reviewing applications can see the reason given for the acception/rejection? Right now I just copy paste it in there manually, but it would be nice to have it auto-post it to save some time.

--
-Goth

<<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >>>
[Back to Index]