Envy Website Wierdness...

Envy Website Wierdness...
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Support]
Secondary: None

Chops,

Happy Holiday's.....

I was wondering if you could look over our website resign a bit and see if you seen any obvious coding issues that are causing the following problems.

1. On the right side when "Envy DKP Policy" it Shifts the wood graphics to the left part of the Frame.

2. Sometimes when you click on DKP Standing it logs you out of your character.

3. When you mouse over certain events that have a sub info in a pop up. Some times it pops over the correct area, sometimes it pops in the upper left corner. Specifically Raid progression is one.

4. Is there anyway to add a space below the Apply here on the recruitment menu.

--
1. On the right side when "Envy DKP Policy" it Shifts the wood graphics to the left part of the Frame.

I'm not able to reproduce that, but I haven't tried IE7 yet. Is that the browser you're using?

2. Sometimes when you click on DKP Standing it logs you out of your character.

That's because the links are hardcoded to envyweb.org. If you're visiting from "www.envyweb.org" or "envy.dkpsystem.com", it'll result in different cookies, and therefore will forget that you're logged in. If he just changes the links from "http://envyweb.org/xyz" to just "xyz" he'll be good to go.

3. When you mouse over certain events that have a sub info in a pop up. Some times it pops over the correct area, sometimes it pops in the upper left corner. Specifically Raid progression is one.

I see that. It acts wierd in IE6 here, but it seems to work find in Firefox. I don't have an immediate answer for you.

4. Is there anyway to add a space below the Apply here on the recruitment menu.

I could add a few pixel buffer there.

--
It's all in the reflexes.

I see that. It acts wierd in IE6 here, but it seems to work find in Firefox. I don't have an immediate answer for you.

I believe the issue is due to the fact that I had to use position:relative in various parts of the layout in order to make IE happy. And unfortunately absolute positions will be relative to whatever innermost containing element is styled as relative. Any offset values that are calculated are all wrong as a result (the other browsers get around this since they support position:fixed)

I haven't looked into your code for the tooltips yet, but I'm guessing this may be solvable if the tooltips are placed directly under the <body> element (if that won't break the system)

or to calculate the *true* offset lefts/rights by traversing up the tree and looking for elements that are position relative (and absolute), and adding up the lefts/tops.
Oh, and a request for me:

On the guides, they're contained in a table width="80%", which looks kinda goofy here

Could you add an additional class or id to that table so that I can override it?
Oh, and a request for me:

On the guides, they're contained in a table width="80%", which looks kinda goofy here

Could you add an additional class or id to that table so that I can override it?

The issue with the DKP Frame might be due to the guide... it is a guide.

The issue with the referals has been addressed. I recoded the menus.

Thanks Chops,

Todd

--
We identified that the problem with the wood graphic moving the the left was due to the Guide Post length being greater then the menu options on the left side. Shortining the Guide fixed the problem.

We identified another issue with a post that used google video, and also was longer the the left side menu. We adjusted its length.

Do you think some of the menu order code that is part of your site might be causing this Chops?

--

[Back to Index]