Password:

Forgot your password?
For those interested in Vanguard

For those interested in Vanguard
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [General]
Secondary: None

As the release of Vanguard: Saga of Heroes rapidly approaches, I'm receiving a lot of requests about whether or not DKPSystem.com will be supporting Vanguard to the same level that WoW is supported.

The short answer is: as best as reasonably possible.

The longer answer is:

I've been in talks with the owner of Vanpedia.com, which will be an allakhazam or thottbot type database, and I'll be adding item hover-over link support for that. If that database project falls though, I'm sure it won't be hard to find a replacement.

As for DKP Mod support, while I don't yet know the limitations of Vanguard Modding, the worst case scenario if making an in-game DKP mod is not possible, is that Vanguard, being made by the original EQ developers, will I'm sure support some form of log-file export (just as EQ and EQ2 do). So know that a DKP importer of some kind will GUARANTEED be built, as long as Vanguard supports some exporting mechanism. I can only assume they would, as Vanguard is going to be a pretty hard-core PvE raiding centric game, just like EQ.

So, for those who are curious about Vanguard support, it will DEFINITELY be supported. In fact, Vanguard support was added several months ago, however, the extent of the support has been in the form of the classes and races, and that's about it. The support, once it goes live, will be VASTLY more extensive.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
My beta account has finally been created, so now it's just a matter of playing with the mod tools.

--
This probably isn't the right location for this, but since I'm lazy I'll stick it here anyway.

I've been prepping my guild's VG site for a couple weeks now, and the one thing that I cannot change that I need to is the dropdown menu for level, both in the application section, as well as character sheet (for tradeskills and everything)... they only have the option of '1'.

This is probably a really basic thing that's part of your review for the VG support, but I figured I'd toss it up here in case it was overlooked.

Looking forward to seeing what great things you guys will implement for VG!!
I've been prepping my guild's VG site for a couple weeks now, and the one thing that I cannot change that I need to is the dropdown menu for level, both in the application section, as well as character sheet (for tradeskills and everything)... they only have the option of '1'.

What is the current level cap for VG? Is it 60?

Also, I'm in talks with the guy that is runing Vanpedia.com (which should be launched soon, I'm hoping), which will give us tooltips like we have for wow (ie Ebony Flame GlovesRefresh This Item), so that's the first thing that'll be supported, and it's pretty much a top priority.

I'm playing in the VG beta a bit, but I'm struggling to figure out the development process for it, so while mods are still a priority, I have the convenience of knowing that MOST guilds won't need DKP until endgame, which buys me a bit of time. I'd still like to have a mod out there that can do this all for them though, and I'd like to have the mod ready WAY before most players are at end-game.

--
Quote by Chops
What is the current level cap for VG? Is it 60?

50, as far as adventuring level (the traditional way of measuring progress), though with the Diplomacy and Crafting spheres being able to level independently of adventuring, it might make things a bit more interesting, LOL.

Obviously, being beta, things are still in a flux of sorts. I'm looking forward to the item link support!
this is great, however i have one question...

how do i change the level cap on my application, i figured out race and classes, but since 50 is the cap i would like to change it to that.

--

how do i change the level cap on my application, i figured out race and classes, but since 50 is the cap i would like to change it to that.

I changed the game associated with your website to vanguard, so that's all set now. Your level cap is now 50.

--
Awesome! thanks again, you always have top notch service chops.

--

Happy to help, man

--
Well the game is out... and I'm loving it!

And I get complements on the website so thanks. =)

Just a few things:

-My crafters want to be able to display their crafting level, and what profession they are.

-I know you said you were working on it, but ITEM LINK! hehe

-Mabey support some kind of statistic that says what place the guild is in, on http://www.vgplayers.com (take a look at this site, its very cool. Run by SOE, but has a wealth of stats.)

-Mabey some form of raid or dungeon progression thing.

-Guild bank support

Again thanks chops, your the best!

--

On the character edit screen, there is a link to "Add a Tradeskill"

-I know you said you were working on it, but ITEM LINK! hehe

Will DEFINITELY be ready in a few days. I'm in the final discussion with the guy that runs Vanpedia.com.

-Mabey support some kind of statistic that says what place the guild is in, on http://www.vgplayers.com (take a look at this site, its very cool. Run by SOE, but has a wealth of stats.)

Interesting...I'll look into that.

-Mabey some form of raid or dungeon progression thing.

You can certainly do this already. Head to Admin > Raid Progression

-Guild bank support

Could you get a dump of the bank contents for me and I'll work on the upload. I'll go pick up the game and then start playing with some stuff.

Again thanks chops, your the best!

Thanks man!

--

Could you get a dump of the bank contents for me and I'll work on the upload. I'll go pick up the game and then start playing with some stuff.

Yea I will when I get home from work. I'm not exactly sure how much is in it, at this point, but probably enough to do stuff with. (some wood, some copper ore, a few silver, a sword, etc.) With this game having such great support for crafters, we really want to take advantage of sharing resources throughout the guild.

BTW Thanks for all the other responses!

--

[Back to Index]