Password:

Forgot your password?
Pointing a domain to DKP, need help

Pointing a domain to DKP, need help
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Support]
Secondary: None

I can't figure out what I need to put, and where, but this is my DNS settings area, and what it looks like:
I'm not familiar with the 3rror DNS config tools, but what you need to do is actually configure the DNS server itself to point to the proper IP. I know that Godaddy.com and GWDHosting.com's domain servers offer exactly that level of service.

You'll want to look for something about "Full DNS Management" or something like that, then find something called "A Records."

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Quote by Chops
I'm not familiar with the 3rror DNS config tools, but what you need to do is actually configure the DNS server itself to point to the proper IP. I know that Godaddy.com and GWDHosting.com's domain servers offer exactly that level of service.

You'll want to look for something about "Full DNS Management" or something like that, then find something called "A Records."

Here's what I got from the host:
[19:54] imsickatsk8ing: Ok, there's something I need to do to the domain, but I can't figire it out.. still.
[19:54] imsickatsk8ing: I can't find where the "A Records" are...
[19:54] ErrorHst: There aren't any, you need to do that at your other host.
Tnen your registrar doesn't support a decent DNS service. You have two options:

1) get a DNS service that allows that (I'm a big fan of http://www.dnsmadeeasy.com)

2) Transfer to a registrar that allows you to change the DNS config yourself (godaddy does, and it'll end up being cheaper than DNSMadeEasy).

--
It's all in the reflexes.

[Back to Index]