Password:

Forgot your password?
A little help

A little help
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [General]
Secondary: None

Hey guys, everyone here seems to know what they are talking about so this should be real easy. Although i have been playing wow a very long time, i have never used any in game mods. Im feeling very noobish trying to install the mods from dk, actually i got as far as downloading, unzipping, found the wow interface folder, put the 2 files there and thats it. i could use a little help with the rest of the process.By the way, i want to congradulate all of you on some very stunning and professional looking sites- they look great! Thank you
Quote by polomalu
Hey guys, everyone here seems to know what they are talking about so this should be real easy. Although i have been playing wow a very long time, i have never used any in game mods. Im feeling very noobish trying to install the mods from dk, actually i got as far as downloading, unzipping, found the wow interface folder, put the 2 files there and thats it. i could use a little help with the rest of the process.By the way, i want to congradulate all of you on some very stunning and professional looking sites- they look great! Thank you

They should go into your Interface/ADDONS folder FYI.

Once there, log in to WoW. Once you've logged in, it takes you to the Character selection screen. On the lower left corner is a button called AddOns. Click it.

There you will find the names of all the Addon's (MODS) you've loaded. As long as they are compatible, they should already be CHECKED and be yellow in color. If they are Red, they are not "Up to date", but may still work. The top of that screen has an option to load out-of-date Mods. If they are gray, they are incompatible, and can't be used at all.

Thanks for your reply. Ive placed the unzipped files into the wow Addons folder, but when i run wow there is no addons button on my character selection screen. where am i screwing up?
Quote by polomalu
Thanks for your reply. Ive placed the unzipped files into the wow Addons folder, but when i run wow there is no addons button on my character selection screen. where am i screwing up?

When you go into your Addons Folder, there should be a folder called "GuildBank". Inside THAT folder should be 3 files: GuildBank.lua, GuildBank.toc, and GuildBank.xml.

If you just unzipped the 3 files to the Addons folder and they are simply floating there in no folders, then that won't work. Additionally, a common problem people have is they choose to "Extract to GuildBank folder", then they deploy it to the Addons folder. The problem however is that when this option is chosen, there is a GuildBank Folder INSIDE the GuildBank Folder. There should only be ONE GuildBank folder and it should be inside the addons folder.

Hopefully that helps.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Quote by Chops
Quote by polomalu

When you go into your Addons Folder, there should be a folder called "GuildBank". Inside THAT folder should be 3 files: GuildBank.lua, GuildBank.toc, and GuildBank.xml.

If you just unzipped the 3 files to the Addons folder and they are simply floating there in no folders, then that won't work. Additionally, a common problem people have is they choose to "Extract to GuildBank folder", then they deploy it to the Addons folder. The problem however is that when this option is chosen, there is a GuildBank Folder INSIDE the GuildBank Folder. There should only be ONE GuildBank folder and it should be inside the addons folder.

Hopefully that helps.
Hey Chops, please forgive my stupidity, but, i cant get it to work. can you please give me a run down of the whole process, like you were explaining it to a six year old? maybe then i might get it to work. Im starting to piss myself off! Thank you very much
Hey, if you'd like to give me a call, I can try to troubleshoot with you over the phone: 414.940.4866

Hope to hear from you and get your mods workin!

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Quote by Chops
Hey, if you'd like to give me a call, I can try to troubleshoot with you over the phone: 414.940.4866

Hope to hear from you and get your mods workin!

Chops, thank you very much for your help, it was the folder inside the folder problem, i got it straightened out. I appreciate the help and im sure ill be talking to you again soon

[Back to Index]