Password:

Forgot your password?
Group Calendar Mod Importer Ready!

Group Calendar Mod Importer Ready!
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [General]
Secondary: None

Alrighty, for those of you that use the Group Calendar mod for your signups, you now have the ability to import those events into your Calendar.

Some things to consider:

1) This will replace all signups with the signups from the Group Calendar mod. This means that if you use the Group Calendar mod for signups, you can ONLY use the group calendar mod for signups. If you use the website signups, those signups will be lost. I'm in the process right now of adding the option to straight-up disable website signups.

2) If you change the time, date, type, or name of a particular event, it will think it's a different event, in which case, it will be added again. To fix this, a number of "cleaning" options to delete events that aren't in the Group Calendar Import.

So, you can now import your Group Calendar data by going to Admin > Schedule > Group Calendar Import.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
THe uploader doesnt seem to be working ... not sure if im doing something wrong or not ...however it seems it should be easy to do, nothing gets uploaded?
Would you mind posting the copy of hte file you're uploading here. I can look through it and see what (if anything) stands out that would prevent it.

Be SURE you're getting the file from

WoW/WTF/Account/AccountName/SavedVariables/GroupCalendar.lua

and NOT

WoW/Interface/Addons/GroupCalendar/GroupCalendar.lua

--
ya here it is im sure im getting it from the right place. on the last page where it shows what has been uploaded it always says 0 in all catigories as in nothing has been uploaded the page b4 it seems to be working however...
Downloaded the latest version of the mmod which btw works fine in game ..
And I still cant get it to upload on the site..I'm wondering if anyone else is having problems with this...
Quote by Chops
Alrighty, for those of you that use the Group Calendar mod for your signups, you now have the ability to import those events into your Calendar.

Some things to consider:

1) This will replace all signups with the signups from the Group Calendar mod. This means that if you use the Group Calendar mod for signups, you can ONLY use the group calendar mod for signups. If you use the website signups, those signups will be lost. I'm in the process right now of adding the option to straight-up disable website signups.

2) If you change the time, date, type, or name of a particular event, it will think it's a different event, in which case, it will be added again. To fix this, a number of "cleaning" options to delete events that aren't in the Group Calendar Import.

So, you can now import your Group Calendar data by going to Admin > Schedule > Group Calendar Import.

Just a FYI, Group Calendar is no longer being developed as of 3/5/2007. Not that this has any relavance on problems being experienced with the importer.

Toddler

--
Just a FYI, Group Calendar is no longer being developed as of 3/5/2007. Not that this has any relavance on problems being experienced with the importer.

Hopefully someone picks it up, otherwise I have a lot of work to do.

And I see the problem you're having Flame, and I'm able to reproduce it. I would have fixed it earlier if I hadn't been working like mad on all the armory stuff. I'll try to get to it this week.

--
Quote by Chops

Hopefully someone picks it up, otherwise I have a lot of work to do.

And I see the problem you're having Flame, and I'm able to reproduce it. I would have fixed it earlier if I hadn't been working like mad on all the armory stuff. I'll try to get to it this week.

You should try Cloning

Also, is there anything I should know about doing imports? I mean we used to use initals and colors for the calendar mod on the site. Is there a way to link what the GC entry is to the Website?

I am not able to play with right now, so any discriptions would be great.

--
Ah sweet, I thought you were just ignoring me cuz I'm anoying....

Seriously tho, I'd rather use a DKP ingame calendar!! hint hint LOL
Quote by Flame
Ah sweet, I thought you were just ignoring me cuz I'm anoying....

Seriously tho, I'd rather use a DKP ingame calendar!! hint hint LOL

This issue is fixed. Sorry it took so long.

--
Sorry for reviving such an old thread but it seemed like the best place to post my questions..

Iam using Group Calendar 5.. Which is the new version.. I went into my Admin and told it to upload the file however Group Calendar 5 uses a new file name and the website is rejecting it.

Can this be fixed??

The website asks for WTF/Account/<AccountName>/SavedVariables/GroupCalendar.lua

But my file is WTF/Account/<AccountName>/SavedVariables/GroupCalendar5.lua

-------------

My other calendar question.. I tried to just import the in game calendar before I got group calendar.. It never works for me.. It only shows me past events and not future events from our guild calendar.. My toon is not a raider so Iam never signed up for the events.. is that why my GuildRaidSnapShot.lua does not read right?

I would prefer to stick with the in game calendar but can't get it to work for me importing it.

Thanks!
I'm pretty sure there's an issue with GroupCalendar5, such that it hijacks the interface to the Calendar data, preventing other mods from using it as blizzard inteded.

I'm not positive about this, but this is the second time I've heard users having trouble importing the calendar with GRSS when they also have GroupCalendar5 installed.

To verify this:

1) log out to your character select screen
2) Click "Addons" button
3) Disable GroupCalendar
4) Log back into your character
5) Open your in-game calendar, open up all your events, (or just a handful, enough to get a thorough test)
6) Log out of WoW, and upload that data to the site (the "WoW Calendar Uploader").

If this loads your future events and signups, then that confirms my belief that GC5 is interfering with the API. That will at least give me something to work with.

Then you can go ahead and re-enable the GroupCalendar mod.

Also, it's not dependent on you being a raider, so no issues there.

--

[Back to Index]