Password:

Forgot your password?
End of a great run.

End of a great run.
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Off-Topic]
Secondary: None

Well, it looks like the BC has taken down another giant. My guild has disbanded and most of its members joined other guilds. With that in mind, I wonder what exactly to do with my website.

Any ideas?

--
It's a common misconception that Rogues "do it" from the front or even, on rare occasion, laterally. While there was a brief period in the sixties where such things might have been in vogue, these days it's understood that the best position for rogues worldwide is directly behind. Indeed, many roguish feats demand it.
Donate the layout to the "Pre-made layouts" feature I'm working on?

But in all seriousness, if you still have a group of friends, keep it for the forums.

As an example, my guild PiaS has been disbanded since June of '06, yet we still get something on the order of 20 posts a day or so on the forums. We established that the guild could no longer raid together, but that doesn't mean we can't still be friends. Everyone's in different guilds now even on different servers but we continue to talk about the "good old days."

The other thing you can do, and something that's rather common for guilds that break up is just to hold onto the site until you join or form another guild and use the site for that.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Quote by Chops
Donate the layout to the "Pre-made layouts" feature I'm working on?

But in all seriousness, if you still have a group of friends, keep it for the forums.

As an example, my guild PiaS has been disbanded since June of '06, yet we still get something on the order of 20 posts a day or so on the forums. We established that the guild could no longer raid together, but that doesn't mean we can't still be friends. Everyone's in different guilds now even on different servers but we continue to talk about the "good old days."

/comfort

I've been through that ... though it wasn't quite a disband, it might as well have been ... but it sucks. Im still a little bit lost, and in the process of rerolling on Moon Guard and starting a new guild ... which is even harder than losing the last one. It's troublesome feeling the need to try to counter all of the things that you perceived that failed ... Good luck tho! Start another guild or something, or come roll on Moon Guard >.> lol ...

--
Thanks guys. I think I might keep it and turn it into another.

I would love to donate my current layout! That would be neato.

--
It's a common misconception that Rogues "do it" from the front or even, on rare occasion, laterally. While there was a brief period in the sixties where such things might have been in vogue, these days it's understood that the best position for rogues worldwide is directly behind. Indeed, many roguish feats demand it.
oh, quick question. Say I wanna change my site to work for another guild.. what steps would I need to take, if possible, to change the name of the url for the site? if I drop the .com?

--
Quote by Claire
oh, quick question. Say I wanna change my site to work for another guild.. what steps would I need to take, if possible, to change the name of the url for the site? if I drop the .com?

The two things to do are:

1) Admin > Change Subdomain
2) Admin > Site Name

--
Quote by Claire

Rock on! Do you have a copy of the old layout you used to have as well, I can see that one also being popular.

--
Our guild may be soon to follow. Our GM has just passed the reigns to me with the guild in decay from BC announcing that he was transferring to a different server that fits his play times better. I well expect that we will lose people but I'm sure we will still be a guild. I just don't know what capacity we will have.

--
Six Demon BagRefresh This Item
Jack Burton: Hey, what more can a guy ask for?
Egg Shen: Oh, a six-demon bag!
Jack Burton: Terrific, a six-demon bag. Sensational. What's in it, Egg?
Egg Shen: Wind, fire, all that kind of thing!
Quote by Saudorun
Our guild may be soon to follow. Our GM has just passed the reigns to me with the guild in decay from BC announcing that he was transferring to a different server that fits his play times better. I well expect that we will lose people but I'm sure we will still be a guild. I just don't know what capacity we will have.

yikes, good luck. that can't be easy to manage.

--
Quote by Chops
Quote by Claire

Rock on! Do you have a copy of the old layout you used to have as well, I can see that one also being popular.

let me look if i do. I know I still have the graphics for it.

--

[Back to Index]