Password:

Forgot your password?
Great System - A Few Questions

Great System - A Few Questions
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [General]
Secondary: None

I am new to this site (but you knew that with the date joined ..etc) and firstly would like to say that this has got to be one of the best solutions for gaming communities.

Many solutions are either too static, too complicated or insecure.

So far so good and I am looking at getting the packed with DKP.

I do have a few questions though:

1 – The option of integrating a current url is given. Does this have to be done at setup or is this available to be done at any time?

2 – I have a number of current admins who help me run the site. Can they get similar level access to me where they can change “modules” and customise things?

3 – Can the modules / bolt ons (whatever you call them) be turned on and off and moved at anytime or is this only during initial setup?

4 – The community we have runs a number of games and what would be good is separate sites for each game (mini Sites) however the users have just one registration and login – is this possible by linking the user databases?

5 – I have seen some sites which I really like the look of – is it possible to get the base template of these?

6 – You advise the sites are fully customisable – is this done through CSS via yourselves or through Admins?

Sorry for all the questions but I maybe buy a few packages.

Cheers Aldor
1 – The option of integrating a current url is given. Does this have to be done at setup or is this available to be done at any time?

Chops would need to answer you here for sure but I think you can change the URL at any time.

2 – I have a number of current admins who help me run the site. Can they get similar level access to me where they can change “modules” and customize things?

Yes you can give people varying levels of admin rights all the way up to full admin privileges.

3 – Can the modules / bolt ons (whatever you call them) be turned on and off and moved at anytime or is this only during initial setup?

Another Chops question for certainty but I am pretty sure that if you don't get a package you can add it later. I think a few have requested if they could add or upgrade the forums on their sites after startup to which Chops has done so I believe.

5 – I have seen some sites which I really like the look of – is it possible to get the base template of these?

Advanced Templates is something that Chops is working feverishly on. These templates will be based on Operator Submissions and then tweaked to fit the system in its most efficient format.

6 – You advise the sites are fully customizable – is this done through CSS via yourselves or through Admins?

You have access as an Operator to 3 files. CSS, Layout.html, and menu.html. Each of these file contributes to the look and feel of your site. Via the CSS you can obviously control the color scheme, and formating of some elements. The layout.html file give you the ability to add java, cookies, and control the general look and feel of the site using precoded php elements or adding some content of your own. The menu.html file allows you to control the standard look and feel of your menus and their layouts. There are also many options in the Advanced Admin sections that let you create static, dynamic, and custom content. The only thing you do not have access to is PHP itself to write your own modules and code.

--
Six Demon BagRefresh This Item
Jack Burton: Hey, what more can a guy ask for?
Egg Shen: Oh, a six-demon bag!
Jack Burton: Terrific, a six-demon bag. Sensational. What's in it, Egg?
Egg Shen: Wind, fire, all that kind of thing!
Chops would need to answer you here for sure but I think you can change the URL at any time.

Yep. You can change your full domain name by going to Admin > Full Domain Name, or you can change your dkpsystem.com subdomain by going to Admin > Change Subdomain

Another Chops question for certainty but I am pretty sure that if you don't get a package you can add it later. I think a few have requested if they could add or upgrade the forums on their sites after startup to which Chops has done so I believe.

You can indeed add on packages after the fact. There would be a big "Upgrade Service" button at the top of your admin page (if you didn't get the top level service).

Glad you dig the system!

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Hey Chops just so you know...I never even attempted his question #4. Way out of my realm of knowledge.

--
Six Demon BagRefresh This Item
Jack Burton: Hey, what more can a guy ask for?
Egg Shen: Oh, a six-demon bag!
Jack Burton: Terrific, a six-demon bag. Sensational. What's in it, Egg?
Egg Shen: Wind, fire, all that kind of thing!
Under the Admin menu you can customize menus, move them around, turn them off, or create your own menus. The color selector also lets you modify the colors of your site down to almost every item.

To radically change the appearance of the site, as many sites do, you have to create your own html template file and upload that along with a CSS file. Custom templates are coming soon, but they aren't out there just yet. The layout files use standard html coding, but allow you to add menu items or page content in a manner almost like an include file.

You have control to assign people whatever privileges you want under the admin menu.

The admin menu options are extensive and allow you to do nearly anything you like whenever you like.

I love this community. Chops is constantly adding and updating. He is very responsive to requests and keeps adding new features.

--
Eleipher, The Warlock Extraordinaire
The New Beginning
Thorium Brother Hood

Guild Webmaster
4 – The community we have runs a number of games and what would be good is separate sites for each game (mini Sites) however the users have just one registration and login – is this possible by linking the user databases?

Eek. I'm afraid not.

What I CAN tell you is this though:

I am working on a generic (ie non-MMO) site similar to this, which you can pretty easily tie all of your non-MMO Game clans into one site (you can filter event categories, related news, and display the roster accordingly).

This isn't ready at the moment, but the only thing is that you'd have to have a seperate site for each MMO, and then one site for all your Non-MMO games.

The reason for requiring MMO-specific site is really the extreme level of integration and "Differentness." Non-MMO game sites really don't need much extra flair, but with professions, factions, DKP, races, classes, all that crazy stuff, the MMO aspects are just too unique to try to integrate (without me pulling my hair out, anyway).

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Chops' rep w/ Aldor has increased by 25...

<sorry, couldn't resist>
WOW - firstly thanks guys. not often you get a community like this feeding back so much.

Within our community we have quite a few who work on coding and templates so be sure ones we get our template it will be given to who needs it.

Chops you got a sale mate - I will order very soon and probably more than one
Oh forgot to mention - Supprisingly enough I did not name Aldor after WOW.

Was actually a misspell once fromt the D Eddings Character Aldur

[Back to Index]