Forgot your password?
Calling for criticism

Calling for criticism
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [General]
Secondary: None

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >>>
There have been a number of reports of the site being difficult to use lately, and I'm hoping to make this a simple repository to ignite some conversation about what features the users of dkpsystem.com find to be difficult to use, or confusing. In an effort to improve your experience working with the system, please let me know what your concerns are. Even if you only have compaints, I'm here to listen to them, address them, and improve the overall user-friendliness of the DKPSystem.com.

----
The day Microsoft makes a product that doesn't suck is the day they make a vacuum cleaner.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
1. The ability to create a character WHILE making an account.
People always think they have registered after the make an account, they never remember to "create a character" At least add a link to this in the confirmation email.

2. Is there a way to customize the account application/add a welcome message?

3. When filling out an app have them "create a character as well" so we can directly aprove them.

4. Add an optional vent status box, (and join our ventrilo button to directly open vent and login the guilds server) so that people with vent can have that. (currently I have been just posting the code for it at the end of each of my news posts, if you want to see what it looks like go to doom.dkpsystem.com

Thats all I can think of atm, this service is truly amazing btw =)

----

--
People always think they have registered after the make an account, they never remember to "create a character" At least add a link to this in the confirmation email.

2. Is there a way to customize the account application/add a welcome message?

3. When filling out an app have them "create a character as well" so we can directly aprove them.

4. Add an optional vent status box, (and join our ventrilo button to directly open vent and login the guilds server) so that people with vent can have that. (currently I have been just posting the code for it at the end of each of my news posts, if you want to see what it looks like go to doom.dkpsystem.com

Thats all I can think of atm, this service is truly amazing btw =)

----

Also please add the "sort by" function to the account page, like you have on the roster.

It makes it eaiser to see who has been left by on the defualt rank by accident

----

--

I'll get a few of those done this week.

----
The day Microsoft makes a product that doesn't suck is the day they make a vacuum cleaner.

--
Hey Chops!

Here are a few recommendations and requests for additions and/or improvements.

LINKS
I like how we can just type a URL and have it automatically made into a link, and just type a url to an image and have it be automatically displayed; however, at times I would like to be able to use an optional tag for links and images (without taking away the ability to just type the URL or image source and have it display automatically). Below are examples of what I would recommend for the URL / LINK tag.

WOW

[LINK=http://wow.allakhazam.com]Cool Site![/LINK]

This would be helpful for when you want to incorporate a link into a sentence or news item, without the entire URL being displayed. Such as:

Quest info for the warlock epic mount can be found at [LINK=http://wow.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?wquest=7631]Allakhazam[/LINK].

This would also allow for internal links, such as making a link to a player's character profile. This would allow the visitor to read a sentence about a player's character and then instantly click that chararcter's name to view the character's roster profile, without having to leave the originating page by clicking "Roster", then the character's name on the Roster page. Example:

Congrats to [LINK=http://prophecy.dkpsystem.com/memberprofile.php?memberid=3]Undeyvid[/LINK] for winning the roll for Finkle's SkinnerRefresh This Item.

As for image links,
At times I would like to be able to use an image tag for when the picture would be too large to display within the page's formatting, or if the image is somewhat relevant but not so important that it is needed to be displayed on the page.

This could either be done as part of the URL / LINK tag, or a separate IMG tag, such as:

[LINK=http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c170/Deyvid_WoW/screenshots/Theradras1.jpg]Sexy![/LINK]

[IMG=http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c170/Deyvid_WoW/screenshots/Theradras1.jpg]Sexy![/IMG]

(The real image is just Theradras.jpg without the number 1)

HIDING BANK/BAG/INVENTORY

I like being able to upload and display my bank/bags/equipment, and also the ability to "Hide" it so that it is only viewable by myself. I would like the option to be able to choose to hide the bags, inventory, bank independant of each other. For example, I would like to be able to display my equipment for all to see my über gear, but then be able to choose to hide my bags and bank, or display my equipment and bags but hide just my bank. Currently we only have the single option to "Hide Your Inventory/Bank", but I would like this to be give the following options:

Hide Bank
Hide Bags/Inventory
Hide Equipment
Hide All

SECONDARY PROFESSIONS (WOW only?)

I like being able to list our primary professions (Skinning, Enchanting, Tailoring, etc.) and the option to add the rare/important skills for them. I would also like to be able to add additional Secondary Professions for Fishing, First-Aid, and Cooking (with the ability to add rare/important skills for them). Fishing wouldn't have much (just the level list up to 300+), First-Aid could have the skill level up to 300+ as well as the text field to list the highest bandage you could make/use (Runecloth BandageRefresh This Item, Heavy Runecloth BandageRefresh This Item etc.), and with Cooking we could add the special food items we could make such as the ones that give stat boosts (Sagefish DelightRefresh This Item) or just the fun ones like the Savory Deviate DelightRefresh This Item.

Lastly, It would be helpful if the descriptions and instructions for installing/using the GuildBank and GuildRaidSnapShot mods were a little more detailed and explained more clearly. I was able to read it and understand it (after re-reading it once or twice) but I have a few friends who were totally confused and lost about what was required and expected for them to work.

Overall, I am satisfied and grateful for the dkpsystem.com services. Keep up the great work, and thank you very much Chops!

Undeyvid - Prophecy (WOW)
http://prophecy.dkpsystem.com/news.php
Great suggestions! Thank you!

----

--
As previously stated...

2. Add an optional vent status box, (and join our ventrilo button to directly open vent and login the guilds server) so that people with vent can have that. (currently I have been just posting the code for it at the end of each of my news posts, if you want to see what it looks like go to doom.dkpsystem.com

To be honest though, you are doing a fantastic job. Chops is right on it when I have had questions. I recommend this site to anyone because how fast it is to set up and the responsiveness I get for CS. Thanks again!!!

----
Before you ask that question...RTFM, kktx

--

When someone logs in for the first time, there is a box that pops up that says something like "You have no characters associated with this account. To create a character click [Create a Character] in the 'Logged In' box'. You will only see this message once." It's a shame that that's not enough for some, but I guess people are just used to clicking "OK" to everything without reading them. Eventually, I'll add character creation to the signup process, but it's not uber-priority ATM

2. Add an optional vent status box, (and join our ventrilo button to directly open vent and login the guilds server) so that people with vent can have that. (currently I have been just posting the code for it at the end of each of my news posts, if you want to see what it looks like go to doom.dkpsystem.com

I'm actually working on that functionality as we speak.

To be honest though, you are doing a fantastic job. Chops is right on it when I have had questions. I recommend this site to anyone because how fast it is to set up and the responsiveness I get for CS. Thanks again!!!

Absolutely, and Thank you

----

--
Chops one feature that I like on some of the other sites is when doing any kind of editing there was an imbedded word options. Like Spell-check, Bold, Inserts, and things like that.

My Spelling sucks ( LOL

Just ideas!

----
Painkillerle

--
Painkillerle
I like the idea of the "Join Vent" link...

I know ventrilo /www.yourventserver.comnetorg:9999 works, but it still needs the password if incorporated... Maybe there is a way to add that info with the vent system, and then have it check for user rank (forum ranks) before connecting?

lol, just a thought. I know I dont always like non-guildies being able to connect to vent and if it were out in the open it might be easy to do.

edit: Im not that smart with code, just the basics.
P.S. Thanks for the color theme named after us
Yeah, I'm considering a "Join Vent" link, but yeah, the security thing associated with it is key.

I am also considering the implementation of a "rich Text" box for posts and other such stuff.

----

--
Awesome additions so far!

I was just scheduling a raid and was wondering. Would it be possible to add a recurring checkbox when setting up the raid? For instance, we always raid ZG on Thurs and Sun at the same time. Currently all you have to do is just copy the raid and change the date, so not a pressing change (if at all).

OFF TOPIC
=============

My guild was wondering who Chops was (since I try to keep them in the loop with coming changes and who bails me out when I do something stupid). I just said "the guy that makes the site possible. He makes me look good. " - Thanks again.

----

--
Awesome additions so far!

I was just scheduling a raid and was wondering. Would it be possible to add a recurring checkbox when setting up the raid? For instance, we always raid ZG on Thurs and Sun at the same time. Currently all you have to do is just copy the raid and change the date, so not a pressing change (if at all).

Good call on the recurring items. I'll have to think about a clear way to implement that.

My guild was wondering who Chops was (since I try to keep them in the loop with coming changes and who bails me out when I do something stupid). I just said "the guy that makes the site possible. He makes me look good. " - Thanks again.

haha..thanx

----

--
Hey Chops,

Is it possible to have a check box added to the threads to send an e-mail of notification when there has been a reply?

----
Painkillerle

--
Painkillerle
Hey Chops,

Is it possible to have a check box added to the threads to send an e-mail of notification when there has been a reply?

----
Painkillerle

Hmm...I was wondering when/if someone would request that.

I can swing that. It won't be done immediately, but it'll get done.

----

--
Hey Chops,

----
Painkillerle

Hmm...I was wondering when/if someone would request that.

I can swing that. It won't be done immediately, but it'll get done.

----

Thanks Chops

----
Painkillerle

--
Painkillerle
Something that would help with sign-ups.
Right now there is a "Approve for Raid, Do Nothing, or Deny" maybe have an "Alt" button and having a designator for the Alt in the signups. Like Italicized or soemthing

Mages 3/3
Aludra
Lalaine
Mipahres
Binto **Alt

That way if there is a chance someone doesnt show, we know who to go to next.
EDIT: Can we also have the class listed with the name of those that sign up?

Also, pictures that are added in the forums with the [ img ] tag...can you have them auto resize themselves to fit the window or have it scrollable or something? Half the picture is getting clipped off if the size is too big for the post.
Thanks
How about a checkbox for "Enable HTML" for Guides?

----

--
As best as I can tell from the Demo site, you do not have the ability to edit a calendar event. Once created, a person may need to make changes to the event (original event may not have had class requirements, but now it does, for example, or maybe the time needs to be moved back an hour.)

Also, it would be nice to see both the game server time and the user's time when viewing an event in the calendar. My World of Warcraft game server is Pacific time (U.S.) while I am Central time. If someone creates an event in the calendar, I would like it to show what time that event occurs for my time zone, as well as show what time it occurs according to the server clock (in case I travel, for example, I would be able to at least see the server time and can mentally adjust for my current location). My guild has players from all over the world, so they want to know what time the event is for their location. Showing the game server time too helps validate that, plus addresses my travel example. What I would envision is that the game server time zone would be defined by the web admin, then people enter events into the calendar (regardless of their time zone), then as others view the calendar it would show both server time and their local time.

You can certainly modify calendar events after they are created, you just need to find the item, and click On the event name in the Event List in the Admin Menu, at which point you can modify the stuff.

As for the idea for adding support for "Local Time Zone," that's an interesting idea, and something I will look into adding.

Thanks for the feedback.

----

--

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >>>
[Back to Index]