Password:

Forgot your password?
New Menu Administration Guide

New Menu Administration Guide
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Support]
Secondary: None

Is there a by the numbers guide to the new menu administration? I've been trying to move things around and rearrange to add things and remove them on my site and I have things showing up that I thought I had deleted and other new menus that I made not appearing. Trying to figure out what I did wrong so I can fix it.

Kayleigh
www.deathrow-guild.org

No there isn't, yet, just because the interface is a lot more straightforward than it used to be. Are there some concrete examples I can look for that are causing you trouble?

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Quote by Chops
No there isn't, yet, just because the interface is a lot more straightforward than it used to be. Are there some concrete examples I can look for that are causing you trouble?

I think the common theme I have seen on the forums is that people look at it and don't know what each element is for sure. You have some level of indentation that should draw attention to the difference between a Menu Category and a Menu Item but I think people are looking for a slight more pronounced view like Bolding text, Different colors, or some marker that indicates it and probably like a map key to help identify the elements. I also think there is a desire for some flag identifying Built In versus Custom Menus. Just to summarize some points I've seen.

--
Six Demon BagRefresh This Item
Jack Burton: Hey, what more can a guy ask for?
Egg Shen: Oh, a six-demon bag!
Jack Burton: Terrific, a six-demon bag. Sensational. What's in it, Egg?
Egg Shen: Wind, fire, all that kind of thing!
Well for example - I tried to change the name on one of my guide menus (Keys and Attunements) - and all it did was make it so the items in the menu didn't show up - but the previous guide menu title still shows on the site. Then I deleted that same menu, and tried to make a new one to put the guides into so I could consolidate a couple of menus but the new menu doesn't show up on the site - but the old one I deleted is still there.

Also the order that the menus show up on the menu administration screen seems to have no relation as to how they show up on the actual site - they aren't in the same order on the administration screen. And creating a new guide - I'm not really sure where to do that now. I'm sure I am just used to the old way - and once I figure out the new system it will be just as easy to use.

Kayleigh
www.deathrow-guild.org

[Back to Index]