Password:

Forgot your password?
Guild GM Change

Guild GM Change
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [General]
Secondary: None

Ok, so our GM (Lyte) has retired as our GM and I now have the Guild Master tag. This has officially taken place in game. Now, since he rarely logs on anymore, we need to transfer this leadership on the website. What can you do to help Chops?

--
Ok, so our GM (Lyte) has retired as our GM and I now have the Guild Master tag. This has officially taken place in game. Now, since he rarely logs on anymore, we need to transfer this leadership on the website. What can you do to help Chops?

I'm in the exact same boat; the old GM has sent me an email saying he's going to roll everything over to me, give me the account info, etc. but he hasn't done it yet (although I have his forum posts and emails sayng so...a lot of good that does at the moment.) I know he is busy with RL, but we're desperate to get this straightened out. Is there any recourse in this situation? Our rank system has changed multiple times -- even before I was GM they were always mucking about with it -- and it totally matches nothing on our guild web site now.

Any help really appreciated!

--
Aelith
Lvl 76 * Knight Captain * Marksman spec
www.thebrethren.org
6-foot-2 with hair of blue
He can quickly hand over the powers of the site by heading to the Admin menu and clicking "Relinquish your Powers"

From there, he chooses which member should be the new GM and it's simply a process of clicking a link in an email and it's done.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
He can quickly hand over the powers of the site by heading to the Admin menu and clicking "Relinquish your Powers"

From there, he chooses which member should be the new GM and it's simply a process of clicking a link in an email and it's done.

Does this also mean they relinquish funding the website? Does the new GM enter payment information?

--
It's a common misconception that Rogues "do it" from the front or even, on rare occasion, laterally. While there was a brief period in the sixties where such things might have been in vogue, these days it's understood that the best position for rogues worldwide is directly behind. Indeed, many roguish feats demand it.

Does this also mean they relinquish funding the website? Does the new GM enter payment information?

One of the things about the payment info is that anyone can do the payments. The original owner is just the person who paid the original bill.

--
It's all in the reflexes.

One of the things about the payment info is that anyone can do the payments. The original owner is just the person who paid the original bill.

Cool. I really like that.

--
It's a common misconception that Rogues "do it" from the front or even, on rare occasion, laterally. While there was a brief period in the sixties where such things might have been in vogue, these days it's understood that the best position for rogues worldwide is directly behind. Indeed, many roguish feats demand it.

[Back to Index]