Forgot your password?
New GuildRaidSnapShot Mod

New GuildRaidSnapShot Mod
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [General]
Secondary: None

<<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 >>>
I did take a raid ss. I'm just saying that when I did, it also contained a guild snapshot.

I got the impression from Chops' post that all I needed to do was open the guild list and it would automatically take the SS. Do we have to be in a raid and take a raid SS for it to work? Is this how it was intended to work? If so, I think I prefered the old /grss guild option as it was more flexable.

-- Jasen

It's triggered internally by the event that get's called when the "Guild List Gets Retrieved."

Here's what I'd do, play for wow for a bit, and see what happens. If it still doesn't get populated, I'll put /grss guild back in there. It's possible that maybe the event isn't getting called because of a potential mod that's blocking the event.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
<3 Chops

I'll <3 you more when MC cores no longer pop up *wrists*

=D

--
<3 Chops

I'll <3 you more when MC cores no longer pop up *wrists*

=D

I JUST put in the filter for Cores yesterday or the day before. Do they still pop up?

--
OH!
I'll re-dl, it's been a few days.

Thanks a ton! I did a courtesy refresh (habit) and was suprised you posted that fast.

MORE LOVE!

--
It's triggered internally by the event that get's called when the "Guild List Gets Retrieved."

Here's what I'd do, play for wow for a bit, and see what happens. If it still doesn't get populated, I'll put /grss guild back in there. It's possible that maybe the event isn't getting called because of a potential mod that's blocking the event.

I played for a good portion of the day and never saw the SS event trigger. I did disable Titan Panel [Guild], which was the only mod I could think off that might interfere with GRSS.

I did raid ZG last night and when I uploaded the raid SS, I never saw an entry for Guild List. Each SS in the raid did have a list of the guild members online that weren't in the raid, but it never prompted me to compair those that have left the guild, like the old guild SS.

If you have any ideas, that would be great. I am going to unload all my mods, except grss, and see what happens.

-- Jasen

I played for a good portion of the day and never saw the SS event trigger. I did disable Titan Panel [Guild], which was the only mod I could think off that might interfere with GRSS.

I did raid ZG last night and when I uploaded the raid SS, I never saw an entry for Guild List. Each SS in the raid did have a list of the guild members online that weren't in the raid, but it never prompted me to compair those that have left the guild, like the old guild SS.

If you have any ideas, that would be great. I am going to unload all my mods, except grss, and see what happens.

-- Jasen

The guild list is not imported with the snapshots. Take that file you uploaded snapshots from and go over the the Roster Uploader. If you upload it there you'll see it. Also open the file in a text editor. It will show up like the following:

GRSS_Guild = {
["Saudorun"] = "60;Warlock;Officer;;;",
}

Obviosly there is a lot more to it but for privacy of my guild I only copied my name out of it.

--
Six Demon BagRefresh This Item
Jack Burton: Hey, what more can a guy ask for?
Egg Shen: Oh, a six-demon bag!
Jack Burton: Terrific, a six-demon bag. Sensational. What's in it, Egg?
Egg Shen: Wind, fire, all that kind of thing!

The guild list is not imported with the snapshots. Take that file you uploaded snapshots from and go over the the Roster Uploader. If you upload it there you'll see it. Also open the file in a text editor. It will show up like the following:

GRSS_Guild = {
["Saudorun"] = "60;Warlock;Officer;;;",
}

Obviosly there is a lot more to it but for privacy of my guild I only copied my name out of it.

Ok that worked. I guess I was confused by the automated process and thought it was done in the background somewhere during a raid upload.

It still seems that a raid event SS is needed for me to use it. For example, if I delete the raidsnapshot file, I don't get a new one created until I have a raid event. Still not sure if opening the guild list is supposed to trigger a SS. If so, that does not work.

Thanks for the help.

-- Jasen
I am new to this Mod and I need to get it up and running. I have downloaded it and followed the instructions on installation exactly as was said to do on your instruction page but for some reason its just not working at all for me and I was wondering if someone could tell me what to do. It doesnt show up as one of my addons on my character page, I type /grss in game and get an invalid command.. just need a little help, Im getting frustrated with the program =D lol

--
Jasmine
Guild Mistress of Temptation

~Patience is a Virtue~
I am new to this Mod and I need to get it up and running. I have downloaded it and followed the instructions on installation exactly as was said to do on your instruction page but for some reason its just not working at all for me and I was wondering if someone could tell me what to do. It doesnt show up as one of my addons on my character page, I type /grss in game and get an invalid command.. just need a little help, Im getting frustrated with the program =D lol

If /grss produces "invalid command" then the mod isn't being loaded at all. Are you certain it's intalled in the right place: WoW/Interface/Addons/GuildRaidSnapShot

I also suggest checking out the Walk-through on http://www.dkpsystem.com/dynpage.php?id=17 If you haven't yet.

--
To be certain, head to the "charcter select" screen and click the "Addons" button in the lower-left corner. Does the mod show up in that list?

--
Got it work, I had it in the right place it was just inside an extra un-needed folder with the same name that was blocking wow from realizing it was an addon. Thank you for all help and quick responses Chops I really appriciate it =)

--
Jasmine
Guild Mistress of Temptation

~Patience is a Virtue~
Got it work, I had it in the right place it was just inside an extra un-needed folder with the same name that was blocking wow from realizing it was an addon. Thank you for all help and quick responses Chops I really appriciate it =)

Wonderful. Happy to help, and I'm glad we got it sorted out.

--
Firstly let me say that this Mod is AWESOME!! Ty Ty Ty!

I scanned through all of this, but I may be missing something, so forgive me if this has been addressed. I am also not sure that I was using the most current version at the time, but...

When we ran ZG the other night, the Mod captured most all of the items that were handed out and asked me how much they cost. Then it imported them when I uploaded the GRSS snapshots. But it didn't capture them all. I was the Master Looter.

Does this have to do with the distance to the person getting the item?

If we use fixed item pricing for some instances, does the GRSS grab those prices automatically when items are won?

--
Eleipher, The Warlock Extraordinaire
The New Beginning
Thorium Brother Hood

Guild Webmaster
Firstly let me say that this Mod is AWESOME!! Ty Ty Ty!

Sweet!

Does this have to do with the distance to the person getting the item?

Yep. If you can't see it on your combat log, it won't register. There are plans to implement communication between several players so that if an item is received it relays it to all the other GRSS users in the raid

If we use fixed item pricing for some instances, does the GRSS grab those prices automatically when items are won?

Yeah, it auto-fills the popup with the default price from the website.

--
Random question. Is there any way to switch it so that guild members in the raid do not show up in the 'guild' section when uploading screenshots? I seem to recall it doing this at one point in time, but it stopped doing it. I hate having to go through the guild section when importing and trying to find the 5 names out of the 45 that need to be checked for queue dkp for waiting in queue if we need them.

--
-Goth
Oh wierd. It's not supposed to show guild members who are in the raid in the "Guild" section at all.

For testing purposes, would you mind attaching your latest GRSS data file please?

--
Oh wierd. It's not supposed to show guild members who are in the raid in the "Guild" section at all.

For testing purposes, would you mind attaching your latest GRSS data file please?

Hey Chops here is one of the files. As you'll see peeps in the Raid also appear in Guild.

--
Six Demon BagRefresh This Item
Jack Burton: Hey, what more can a guy ask for?
Egg Shen: Oh, a six-demon bag!
Jack Burton: Terrific, a six-demon bag. Sensational. What's in it, Egg?
Egg Shen: Wind, fire, all that kind of thing!
Heya. So I downloaded this mod to give it a whirl, and it looks pretty nice. I have two comments/bug reports:

1) I set the GRSS window to "Rolls", then had some people in a test raid roll on a ficticious item. It worked OK. I cleared the rolls then did it again, and some rolls did not appear. If I went to the drop-down list and chose "Rolls" again (which it was already set to), they all suddenly showed up. Also, after clearing the first rolls, the drop-down list for auction type (silent auction or silent non-auction) showed up, while "Rolls" was still selected.

2) We went into Naxxramas later on, and every "Wartorn Scrap" that dropped popped up the window asking my how many points it should be (which is somewhat annoying due to the number of these that drop), but also each one was accompanied by a scripting error, claiming something about a nil value. Sadly I didn't copy it down word for word, I can do that next time if the specific error is required of me.

All in all, great work!
Heya. So I downloaded this mod to give it a whirl, and it looks pretty nice. I have two comments/bug reports:

1) I set the GRSS window to "Rolls", then had some people in a test raid roll on a ficticious item. It worked OK. I cleared the rolls then did it again, and some rolls did not appear. If I went to the drop-down list and chose "Rolls" again (which it was already set to), they all suddenly showed up. Also, after clearing the first rolls, the drop-down list for auction type (silent auction or silent non-auction) showed up, while "Rolls" was still selected.

2) We went into Naxxramas later on, and every "Wartorn Scrap" that dropped popped up the window asking my how many points it should be (which is somewhat annoying due to the number of these that drop), but also each one was accompanied by a scripting error, claiming something about a nil value. Sadly I didn't copy it down word for word, I can do that next time if the specific error is required of me.

All in all, great work!

Thanks for the heads up there, I'll be sure to take out the Wartorn Scraps and see what I can figure out about the roll issues. I hadn't experienced anything like that myself yet, but I'll definitely see what I can uncover.

--
Okay, here's another one for you. I was standing in Stormwind Keep, waiting for a battleground to pop, when someone started the Onyxia event. Every time one of Onyxia's Elite Guard died, it took a snapshot. :|

<<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 >>>
[Back to Index]