Forgot your password?
New GuildRaidSnapShot Mod

New GuildRaidSnapShot Mod
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [General]
Secondary: None

<<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 >>>
Okay, here's another one for you. I was standing in Stormwind Keep, waiting for a battleground to pop, when someone started the Onyxia event. Every time one of Onyxia's Elite Guard died, it took a snapshot. :|

Never thought about those, I'll have to add those to the filter as well.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Do I need to save the file in a particular format? I am on a mac so I am downloading it manually, but I cant seem to get the new GRSS to us the file.

Cheers,

Deadeven
The Data file? You'll want to save the file as "GRSS_Data.lua"

I believe MacOSX comes with perl, doesn't it? If so, you might be able to get away with running the GetGRSSDKP.pl file. I'll have to play with my Mac and see what I can do to make it easier

--
Ya I am saveing the file as that, but I get an error every time I try to run it in game (the demo one works fine). I thought that I may be saving the file as Rich text, so I checked that to make sure. I did get it to work by running the exe on my mac in windows mode. I would how ever like to get it done on the mac side. I have not gotten the perl script to run yet through the terminal or the automator, but I am somewhat of a novice when it comes to that.

Cheers,

Deadeven
Last night I started using the rolling portion of this addon and got an error...

Boss died
I'd type in something basic for the roll...like "boots"..click start rolls (if i had old rolls there i would clear them)
Rolls would occur
I'd click stop roll
I'd give the item away to the proper person (note: Not necessarily the person who won the roll)
the dkp prompt would show up
When I clicked ok - would get an error (sorry I didn't write it down). Reclicking OK wouldn't fix the error - I had to click cancel.

Note: This didn't happen every time, maybe twice. Probably had something to do with the way I was starting/stopping/clearing rolls?

Tonight if it occurs I'll try to get a screenshot, I just wanted to get this on your radar.
I appreciate the heads up. I'll see what I can figure out.

--
I use the rolling feature of it as well. And have the same thing happen about once per raid run. I'll write it down tonight and post it.

--
Kith
Dusk Raiders
Guild Master
Is there a way to configure the mod to filter to show only the current raid members in the standings?
Is there a way to configure the mod to filter to show only the current raid members in the standings?

That's actually a pretty good idea. I'll have to be sure to include.

--
/sigh

Yet another case of random snapshots... I was PVPing, and there was this rogue from the opposite faction named "Garret" who we kept killing... and each time, it took a snapshot and labeled it Garr.

I don't suppose that names of MC bosses could be triggered only in MC?
For that, you should consider disabling auto-snapshots with /grss noauto

--
OK Here's the pattern and the screen shot.

Type in name
Start rolls
Get rolls
Stop rolls
Give item
put in value
Click ok - ERROR
Cancel
Clear rolls

Repeat

Now, if I remember correctly, it never happened on teh first item...but on the subsequent ones.
Wonderful, thank you. I'll get that fixed this week for sure.

--
Naxx items filtered, and the rolling bug should be fixed.

--

One other issue I have seen. When looting is on FFA and 2 people pick up the items they want very close to each other the loot window for the second item replaces the first. Thus you never get to enter the points spent on the first. Is it possible to make each looted item spawn a separate window so they don't overwrite each other like this?

Also it would be nice to have an option to display the current raid or loot tables in an edit window in game. Example. MC looting is on free for all. I loot Cenarion BracersRefresh This Item but I am a warlock and officer of the guild. On our next boss kill when we distribute loot we determine that the bracers go to play X. I'ld like to be able to open the loot table and change the loot assignment on that item using a drop down of players currently in the raid.

--
Six Demon BagRefresh This Item
Jack Burton: Hey, what more can a guy ask for?
Egg Shen: Oh, a six-demon bag!
Jack Burton: Terrific, a six-demon bag. Sensational. What's in it, Egg?
Egg Shen: Wind, fire, all that kind of thing!

Massive thanks and props to an incredible mod.

I have a question/suggestion. I've been customizing and adding a few features (allowing alt toons to bid for their main, fixed prices etc) - do you think it'd be possible to change the structure to allow guild's customization?

So, for example in the right hand drop down box that currently has bid and rolll there would be a selection for 'Guild' - all the info for that would related to a guild.lua. That way we could develop our own customizations and still use your updates. I'm not sure how this would relate to the xml, but I think you can understand my idea.

On the issue of Naxx items being filtered... yeah, when I said "Wartorn Scraps" before, I kinda meant it in the generic sense, assuming others knew the items I was referring to. I guess that was a bad assumption on my part, and I apologize.

That said, the scraps are not being filtered with this new version. The exact item names are:

Wartorn Chain Scrap
Wartorn Cloth Scrap
Wartorn Leather Scrap
Wartorn Plate Scrap

Am I correct that changing the string "Wartorn Scraps" to "Wartorn .+ Scrap" in GRSS_LootIgnore will accomplish this?
Am I correct that changing the string "Wartorn Scraps" to "Wartorn .+ Scrap" in GRSS_LootIgnore will accomplish this?

Yeah, that string should filter everything that starts with "Wartorn" and ends with "Scraps", regardless of what's between them.

--
Also it would be nice to have an option to display the current raid or loot tables in an edit window in game. I'd like to be able to open the loot table and change the loot assignment on that item using a drop down of players currently in the raid.

This would be awesome as we do all boe epics at bosses as well ~.^

--
Hey Chops this is great.. only one question.

My guild uses a different type of Bid system. The players who want an item send a tell to the bid taker, the person with the highest DKP gets the item for a set price.

Is it possible for us to use this system and still keep things automated?

--
if you can't be good be bad, and if your going to be bad.. be the best

<<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 >>>
[Back to Index]