Password:

Forgot your password?
GRSS

GRSS
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [General]
Secondary: None

WHERE DO WE DOWNLOAD THE NEW UPDATE FOR grss and how would i install it to overwrite the one i currently have?
WHERE DO WE DOWNLOAD THE NEW UPDATE FOR grss and how would i install it to overwrite the one i currently have?

There should be a link on you Admin Menu under DKP for the DKP Mod. Chops has been kind enough to put a release date note with the link so you'll know when it is updated. A very good point to note however. Always remember to clear your Cache or Download Cache depending on your browser. A lot of people (myself included) have had issues with the download just pointing back to cached version.

--
Six Demon BagRefresh This Item
Jack Burton: Hey, what more can a guy ask for?
Egg Shen: Oh, a six-demon bag!
Jack Burton: Terrific, a six-demon bag. Sensational. What's in it, Egg?
Egg Shen: Wind, fire, all that kind of thing!

There should be a link on you Admin Menu under DKP for the DKP Mod. Chops has been kind enough to put a release date note with the link so you'll know when it is updated. A very good point to note however. Always remember to clear your Cache or Download Cache depending on your browser. A lot of people (myself included) have had issues with the download just pointing back to cached version.

But Chops if you can some how provide a link redirect on "Download" button link from that message that pops up and says a new version is available would be really nice or you could be like Cosmos (bleh I really hate them) and do an autoupdate!

--
Six Demon BagRefresh This Item
Jack Burton: Hey, what more can a guy ask for?
Egg Shen: Oh, a six-demon bag!
Jack Burton: Terrific, a six-demon bag. Sensational. What's in it, Egg?
Egg Shen: Wind, fire, all that kind of thing!

But Chops if you can some how provide a link redirect on "Download" button link from that message that pops up and says a new version is available would be really nice or you could be like Cosmos (bleh I really hate them) and do an autoupdate!

It's not that I dont trust chops. I just think its getting people into a very bad habit to download exe's related to wow and running them, especially if they contain code to automatically update themselves..

color me a worry wart.

--

It's not that I dont trust chops. I just think its getting people into a very bad habit to download exe's related to wow and running them, especially if they contain code to automatically update themselves..

color me a worry wart.

Completely understandable. Everyone needs to exercise caution when it comes to running EXEs with Mods, considering the number of account hacks that have been around.

In my WoW history, I had run 2 exes and eventually reduced it to 1. First the Cosmos.exe when wow was new, then I ditched that, and later started using the Allkhazam profiler exe.

And for the DKP part, you can certainly manually download the file, but the EXE is included as a convenience. I doubt many people would use the mod if they all had to download the file, rename it, and put it in the right folder. Hell, a fair portion have trouble installing the mod.

In any case, it's a good idea to always scan viruses anything you download from the web, even if it's from a "trusted" source.

There, for the GRSS, of course, the alternative to running the EXE. Go download ActiveState Perl for Win32, then you can run the GetGRSSDKP.pl perl script, looking at the code of it to see what it does.

--
It's all in the reflexes.

color me a worry wart.

Completely understandable. Everyone needs to exercise caution when it comes to running EXEs with Mods, considering the number of account hacks that have been around.

In my WoW history, I had run 2 exes and eventually reduced it to 1. First the Cosmos.exe when wow was new, then I ditched that, and later started using the Allkhazam profiler exe.

And for the DKP part, you can certainly manually download the file, but the EXE is included as a convenience. I doubt many people would use the mod if they all had to download the file, rename it, and put it in the right folder. Hell, a fair portion have trouble installing the mod.

In any case, it's a good idea to always scan viruses anything you download from the web, even if it's from a "trusted" source.

There, for the GRSS, of course, the alternative to running the EXE. Go download ActiveState Perl for Win32, then you can run the GetGRSSDKP.pl perl script, looking at the code of it to see what it does.

Yeah I just bookmark the url for the dkp info and save it to the folder. *shrugs*

The only thing that would make that faster is if you named the script on the server the name of the file so my browser didn't have a cow trying to save a .pl file by default.

But you've reasonably catered to my paranoia already so i'm happy.

--

[Back to Index]