Password:

Forgot your password?
[code] in BBCode and automatic emote graphics

[code] in BBCode and automatic emote graphics
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Advanced Layout]
Secondary: None

I have a page on my guild's site that I use to host a custom-made pack of addons that many of my guild members use. I have instructions posted on how to install the addons, and in those instructions I reference the directory in Windows where WoW is usually installed:

C Program Files\World of Warcraft\

The part right after the C is getting turned into a graphical smiley by the site software, and the way I guessed to get around that, the "code" command in BBCode, did not work. Any suggestion of how I can get this to come out looking correct?

Thanks!
Quote by captainserial
I have a page on my guild's site that I use to host a custom-made pack of addons that many of my guild members use. I have instructions posted on how to install the addons, and in those instructions I reference the directory in Windows where WoW is usually installed:

C Program Files\World of Warcraft\

The part right after the C is getting turned into a graphical smiley by the site software, and the way I guessed to get around that, the "code" command in BBCode, did not work. Any suggestion of how I can get this to come out looking correct?

Thanks!

For smilies in particular if you look at the vary top of the post edit window there is a box to disable smilies. This sadly does it for the entire post you are editing. I agree that it would be good to have as a block command that can be set around specific lines leaving smilies in other areas of the post unaffected.

--
Six Demon BagRefresh This Item
Jack Burton: Hey, what more can a guy ask for?
Egg Shen: Oh, a six-demon bag!
Jack Burton: Terrific, a six-demon bag. Sensational. What's in it, Egg?
Egg Shen: Wind, fire, all that kind of thing!
Quote by Saudorun
For smilies in particular if you look at the vary top of the post edit window there is a box to disable smilies. This sadly does it for the entire post you are editing. I agree that it would be good to have as a block command that can be set around specific lines leaving smilies in other areas of the post unaffected.

Thanks for the help Saudorun, but I hadn't had time to try this until just now, and when I went to do it I realized that there is no such box on the page I'm using. I think this is because it's not a forum post, but a "Static Page" that I've been editing using the BBCode parsing.

You can see the page I'm referring to here, which I created using the "Static Menu Items and Content" option on the Admin page. Unless anyone else has an idea, I'm just going to disable BBCode parsing and re-create the page in HTML.
The disable smilies isn't available on guides is it? Can this be implemented easily?

--
Eleipher, The Warlock Extraordinaire
The New Beginning
Thorium Brother Hood

Guild Webmaster
The disable smilies isn't available on guides is it? Can this be implemented easily?

It is not available on guides yet, but implementation shouldn't be that hard. In other news, the [code] tag will be getting a revamp soon.

--
It's all in the reflexes.

[Back to Index]