Forgot your password?
The Armory Implementation

The Armory Implementation
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [General]
Secondary: None

Hey Chops,

I like what you've done with WoWHead. It's good.
However, I also like the Armory as opposed to CTProfiles. CTProfiles does have more to offer in terms of different gear-sets, but I LOVE the Armory look and feel.

Attached is a VERY SIMPLE proof of concept using myself and another guildie. Would it be possible to implement a page like this?

I'd do it myself, but I don't have access to the Memberlist.php content source, and I'd want the Roster for this Armory lookup to be dynamic.

Could you add Armory lookup to the Admin section? We'd specify our Realm (unless you already have that taken care of), and then we could do a Quick Armory viewing.

The Armory Does give us this ability to an extent, however I think it would be easier to have it framed so our roster never disappears, and it also would keep us navigated without our guild site.

I'm still thinking about how to implement an armory-type function. I appreciate the POC you've attached.

But rest assured that an Armory lookup is definitely in the works.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
I know you're working on it, so I hope you don't feel like I'm bugging you about an issue you're already aware of. I guess what I was trying to get across with the POC, is that a "FULL" implementation is not entirely necessary, if at the very least we could have quick access to the Armory profile itself.

Obviously, whatever you try and pull from their XML for your own lookup purposes is going to be great, and useful.

I was just thinking, that something as simple as this concept would reduce the workload you have (considering you have many many other projects you're also working on), and might quiet the masses who all are excited about the armory now, while you continue to work on a full implementation on your own timeline.

It's just a thought. Once again, I don't mean to add to the pressure... just hoping to relieve some of it.

[EDIT] FYI: that page DOES work, but Blizzard has screwed up the armory lookup at the moment, so it'll give you an XML error at the moment
No XML errors for me. I'm sure the errors you're having are just the fact that the wow.com server is getting pounded.

--
Yeah, they got it back up shortly after I edited my post.

I've got the armory data figured out. I'll be adding some fun automated data stuff (including a sig generator like that guy made).

--
Quote by Chops
I've got the armory data figured out. I'll be adding some fun automated data stuff (including a sig generator like that guy made).

Chops,

You are the best!

Toddler

--
Quote by Chops

WOW your a fast work bee.

The sig gen is down already becuase it was hit with 40k hits an hour ;0

--
http://toh.dkpsystem.com/
The sig gen is down already becuase it was hit with 40k hits an hour ;0

40k hits an hour isn't much, but it's definitely something I'm working to beat. If I have to, I'll throw another machine or two at it just to make sure it's fast, and everything'll be cached.

--

[Back to Index]