Password:

Forgot your password?
Raid Availibilty Tracker

Raid Availibilty Tracker
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [General]
Secondary: None

First off you know I love it. This was one of those things along with Roles that will make my life a lot easier.

Now I have 1 more request that will go with this and sign ups based on role that will make it better IMO.

Can you add Role as a field on the Character Profile? This allows someone to define their role with in the roles defined on the system that they fit.

Why? When you view the availability schedule I can see all my classes but I want to see all my Tanks, Healers, Ranged DPS, Melee DPS, or whatever they are. This would enhance the view seen in the Availability Tracker as you can see how many of each role and class you have available.

I think this would help with the Raid Sign up because it would allow you default the a persons Role according to what is on their Profile. Still providing a drop down of course since a Feral Druid should be able to do Melee DPS just as well as they can Tank and may choose Tanking as their Primary role but have the option to sign up as Melee DPS should the tank slot be full.

--
Six Demon BagRefresh This Item
Jack Burton: Hey, what more can a guy ask for?
Egg Shen: Oh, a six-demon bag!
Jack Burton: Terrific, a six-demon bag. Sensational. What's in it, Egg?
Egg Shen: Wind, fire, all that kind of thing!
Fantastic Idea

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Quote by Chops
Fantastic Idea

I stopped short of where I wanted to go with this idea. Technically you could build the logic into the system to say that any class that can serve more than 1 primary defaults to a specific primary role based on allotment of points in their talent trees. And understand that I am saying "defaults" not locks them into that role. Any Druid that had more points in Feral vs Balance or Restoration would be a Feral Druid obviously. If you allow the Role system to take on a definition of Spec such as this you could have the system limit the person based on the available spec in the system. Everyone should have a base talent point listing if you employ the use of GuildBank or the Armory.

Example. On my site I setup Melee DPS, Range DPS, Tank, and Healer.
for Melee DPS I said you could be a Shaman, Rogue, Warrior, or Druid. For this to work you could set the definition for spec up as follows. Basically provide a check box for each major talent tree and allow the operator setting up the roles to check the talents that make that person fit that role.

Melee DPS
Rogue Assasination / Combat / Subtlety / Any (since a rogue no matter what only has this Primary Role I would check Any)
Shaman = Elemental / Enhancement / Restoration / Any (since the focus of an enhancement Shaman is Melee damage and totems that enhance melee DPS roles I would check Enhancement)
Warrior = Arms / Fury / Protection / Any (an Arms or Fury warrior would be considered a DPS class over a tank so I would check both Arms and Fury)
Druid = Restoration / Feral / Balance / Any (Only a feral druid would really be in Melee for DPS so in this instance I would select Feral)

The point of this is to take some of the guess work out of someone selecting their primary Role. The idea being that you not only indicate what class can fill what role but what spec in that class is required. It would help prevent a protection paladin from trying to sign up as a healer when they have 41 points in Prot, 10 points in Holy, and 10 points in Retribution. At the same time it would allow for the Feral druid to sign up as a Melee DPS or Tank under my system while ensuring that a Balance Druid is signing up as Range DPS and a Restoration Druid is signing up as a Healer.

The dropdown boxes on a character profile should still be selectable because a player profile might not be updated or a Feral Druid may want to be considered DPS before being considered as a Tank. But if a Paladin using Guild Bank respeced from Protection to Holy it would provide a mechanism that could automatically update his profile from Tank to Healer and thus also hopefully update his role in any future sign ups from Tank to Healer.

Puts on flame retardant suit and ducks

--
...holy crap

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Quote by Saudorun
Quote by Chops
Fantastic Idea

I stopped short of where I wanted to go with this idea. Technically you could build the logic into the system to say that any class that can serve more than 1 primary defaults to a specific primary role based on allotment of points in their talent trees. And understand that I am saying "defaults" not locks them into that role. Any Druid that had more points in Feral vs Balance or Restoration would be a Feral Druid obviously. If you allow the Role system to take on a definition of Spec such as this you could have the system limit the person based on the available spec in the system. Everyone should have a base talent point listing if you employ the use of GuildBank or the Armory.

Example. On my site I setup Melee DPS, Range DPS, Tank, and Healer.
for Melee DPS I said you could be a Shaman, Rogue, Warrior, or Druid. For this to work you could set the definition for spec up as follows. Basically provide a check box for each major talent tree and allow the operator setting up the roles to check the talents that make that person fit that role.

Melee DPS
Rogue Assasination / Combat / Subtlety / Any (since a rogue no matter what only has this Primary Role I would check Any)
Shaman = Elemental / Enhancement / Restoration / Any (since the focus of an enhancement Shaman is Melee damage and totems that enhance melee DPS roles I would check Enhancement)
Warrior = Arms / Fury / Protection / Any (an Arms or Fury warrior would be considered a DPS class over a tank so I would check both Arms and Fury)
Druid = Restoration / Feral / Balance / Any (Only a feral druid would really be in Melee for DPS so in this instance I would select Feral)

The point of this is to take some of the guess work out of someone selecting their primary Role. The idea being that you not only indicate what class can fill what role but what spec in that class is required. It would help prevent a protection paladin from trying to sign up as a healer when they have 41 points in Prot, 10 points in Holy, and 10 points in Retribution. At the same time it would allow for the Feral druid to sign up as a Melee DPS or Tank under my system while ensuring that a Balance Druid is signing up as Range DPS and a Restoration Druid is signing up as a Healer.

The dropdown boxes on a character profile should still be selectable because a player profile might not be updated or a Feral Druid may want to be considered DPS before being considered as a Tank. But if a Paladin using Guild Bank respeced from Protection to Holy it would provide a mechanism that could automatically update his profile from Tank to Healer and thus also hopefully update his role in any future sign ups from Tank to Healer.

Puts on flame retardant suit and ducks

Makes perfect sence to me, I to have the same "Raid roles" as you do Saudorun but I also added Off-Tank.

I dont not want to see a Balance Drood tryig to sign up as a Healer, or a Holy Pally trying to DPS.

--
Quote by Chops
...holy crap

ROFL...so do you still think its a fantastic idea?

I'd be happy with just the first part of what I asked for to have the Role appear as a field on the Character Profile and thus also show up on the Availability Tracker.

--

[Back to Index]