Password:

Forgot your password?
BBCode Flash

BBCode Flash
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Suggestions]
Secondary: None

Several sites allow flash tags for their BBCode-based forums. We've found it really useful on other forums, as strategy videos can be included in the articles.

Any plan to include them here?

Sorry if this has been answered already. I did a forum search and didn't find anything on it under Suggestions.

D

I'll have to do that. Note, however, that Youtube and Google Video links are supported, such that you don't need to do any special flash tags for those, just post the URL and it inserts the video.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Quote by Chops
I'll have to do that. Not, however, that Youtube and Google Video links are supported, such that you don't need to do any special flash tags for those, just post the URL and it inserts the video.

i guess that has to be Note

--
designer of http://aszune.dkpsystem.com
i guess that has to be Note

right. silly silent Es

--
if i delete my comment nobody will have seen

--
designer of http://aszune.dkpsystem.com
Excellent! Thanks much!

D

It works fine for forum posts, but not so much for News entries.

I added a YouTube link (via HTML) to a news item, but it doesn't seem to operate properly (i.e. it won't run the video).

Hints?

D
You don't need to do anything special with HTML To post a Youtube link in News. Just posting the URL of the Video is sufficient.

--
Quote by Chops
You don't need to do anything special with HTML To post a Youtube link in News. Just posting the URL of the Video is sufficient.

I tried that. I ended up with a normal link, and not a flash embedded object. It works when I do it in the forums, but not on news items for some reason.

D
Check out the post I added to your news.

--
Quote by Chops
Check out the post I added to your news.

Aha! It was the "watch?" part of the URL that was different. I was linking to the "raw" file (i.e. .../v/...) from out of their embedded link window. Thanks!

D
Curious...

What is the Party UI mod that you are using... I really like the look of that one.
Quote by Noblekain
Curious...

What is the Party UI mod that you are using... I really like the look of that one.

It's part of the Mazzle UI (complete UI replacement). Mazzle tied together about 20-30 different addons, and made a unified "look" out of it. Unfortunately, he also took great offense at the community at large (LONG story), and has discontinued work on the collection.

I plan to use it as long as possible, until most things don't work, then replace it with single addons (like I had before).

[Back to Index]