Password:

Forgot your password?
Raid attendance with 2 karazhan teams

Raid attendance with 2 karazhan teams
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [General]
Secondary: None

My guild has 2 Karazhan teams, each team raids throughout the week on alternating days. The problem I have, is how the website tracks attendance, it has no way of knowing they are different teams.

Is there any way it can be configured so that team A doesn't lose attendance for not going on team B's runs and vice versa?
Quote by Mako_energy
My guild has 2 Karazhan teams, each team raids throughout the week on alternating days. The problem I have, is how the website tracks attendance, it has no way of knowing they are different teams.

Is there any way it can be configured so that team A doesn't lose attendance for not going on team B's runs and vice versa?

I have a similar problem and haven't gotten around it yet. I'm guessing that your two teams are not 100% fixed so you couldn't just split the DKP pools into Kara A and Kara B. My members can earn points in either raid and spend them in either raid. It's a single pool.

Because the teams are somewhat flexible I also have a single signup event that all members sign up for and the raid leaders make the teams from... so it'd be nice to have the "team" concept apply not only to DKP/Attendance but also to the signups.
My guild uses Zero-sum DKP, so we draw from the same DKP pool regardless of the event and who all is there. For signups, I don't know if this will help you at all, but we just schedule two seprate events and let people signup for whichever event they would like to do. So far it's been ok like that.

Attendance is the only thing I can't find a work around for.
Quote by Mako_energy
My guild uses Zero-sum DKP, so we draw from the same DKP pool regardless of the event and who all is there. For signups, I don't know if this will help you at all, but we just schedule two seprate events and let people signup for whichever event they would like to do. So far it's been ok like that.

Attendance is the only thing I can't find a work around for.

I think it would be easy to compensate for manually unless I'm not getting the point.

You have Team 1 and Team 2 clearing Kara and sometimes on different schedules. So you schedule 2 sets of raids and thus people in the guild show up with less than 100% attendance. The simple factor is that is they show up with at least 50% attendance you should be able to deduce that they made 100% of the Kara raids. With 1 or the other groups. The difficult part of using the system as is would come to adding tracking for the 25 man raids with it. At this point the numbers will skew slightly but then they won't show up accurately if you have teams allocated for tracking attendance for Kara and then the 2 teams combine with 5 floaters for a 25 man.

If you look at your dkp menu you have the link that says Raid Analysis. If you click this there is an option to show by Destinations. As long as you only select the Karazhan Bosses as destinations you can then use the 50% = 100% idea to calculate raid attendance for Kharazan. Then all other 25 man raids can be looked at on the normal 100% = 100% basis and doing a little math would allow you to see a true attendance.

Taking a gander at the custom column option it might be possible to do this as a formula if Chops could make variable to use based the destinations or destination zones.

--
Six Demon BagRefresh This Item
Jack Burton: Hey, what more can a guy ask for?
Egg Shen: Oh, a six-demon bag!
Jack Burton: Terrific, a six-demon bag. Sensational. What's in it, Egg?
Egg Shen: Wind, fire, all that kind of thing!
The 50% thing doesn't quite work for me. Some weeks members get on alts to sub into the other group.

I have people with 50+% attendance.

In the long run though it's not a major problem. In general my site does what it's supposed to. Cause guild DKP drama... which is what any good DKP system should. Heh.
I could crack the numbers and do the math myself for things like rewards, promotions, etc., but my concerned isn't so much for me as it is for all the guild members that check the current standings menu, they will have no idea of what is going on.

I'm just looking for a simple solution if one is available.
Ditto what they said....We're having the exact same situation with our 2 teams running and then mixing in the 25-man to really mess it up.

--

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

[Back to Index]