Password:

Forgot your password?
Featured Guild Sites?

Featured Guild Sites?
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [General]
Secondary: None

How does a guild get on the featured guild site list?
CHops may have a better (or different) answer, but I BELIEVE that it is predominantly a choice of Chops'.

Basically, I think the criteria he looks for, is based on sites that really take advantage of the Advanced Layout options to create something that is unique and well-done.

Truthfully, the ultimate decision is based on Chops' own personal opinion of the site, and how it shows off the capabilities of his system to create something cool that makes a guild look estabilished.

In other words, if it looks cool, and shows-off DKPSystem in a way that makes other guilds (non-customers) want to move their sites to DKPSystem, then he'll likely add it.

At least -- that's what I THINK is his criteria.
Quote by Noblekain
CHops may have a better (or different) answer, but I BELIEVE that it is predominantly a choice of Chops'.

Basically, I think the criteria he looks for, is based on sites that really take advantage of the Advanced Layout options to create something that is unique and well-done.

Truthfully, the ultimate decision is based on Chops' own personal opinion of the site, and how it shows off the capabilities of his system to create something cool that makes a guild look estabilished.

In other words, if it looks cool, and shows-off DKPSystem in a way that makes other guilds (non-customers) want to move their sites to DKPSystem, then he'll likely add it.

At least -- that's what I THINK is his criteria.

I just payed him off P)

--

Bingo. This is the defining characteristic. But it is all at my fascist discretion.

So far, every Featured Guild ever has used the Advanced Layout Options. With the new "Edit CSS" option that doesn't require the Advanced Layout Options, it is theoretically possible that someone can do a total marvel of CSS and make their site "Featured Guild" worthy without using the Advanced Layout, but as of yet, it's not happened, and admittedly, would require some pretty amazing modifications.

Ultimately, I have to be impressed, and every featured guild so far as impressed me, some of which (like the Envy Site) made me go "dayum" for technical reasons. If you bust out some sweet javascript, I'm usually very impressed by that, for sure. Some awesome javascript sites would be Renewal (for the dynamic menu), Envy (for the countdown parser), and Apocalypse (being the first site with the option to dynamically switch between left and right orientations of the menus).

Impress me, and you're a shoe-in on the Featured Guilds.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
My only comment to this is that it seems to be the same guilds that are featured all the time. I really like looking at other guild's websites to see what they are doing incase they have had a great idea that I wish to implement for my members.

Also I think perhaps the list needs a clean up - occasionally guilds that display haven't had a news post since 2007 which pretty much gives prospective users the impression that many guilds don't really utilise their websites at all!

My only comment to this is that it seems to be the same guilds that are featured all the time.

The current "Featured Guilds" list is actually randomly displayed from a list of 12 or so different guilds. Also, it's worth noting that some guilds have sticky news posts from 2007, while the latest post shows right underneath (horizon.dkpsystem.com). Then you've got some sites (aszune.dkpsystem.com) that hasn't updated their news, but the site remains active (their forums, anyway).

--
I just payed him off P)

I like Toddlers way of doing things

btw chops, you get questions like that quite often, and many I believe including myself wonder what it is exactly you see as the "dayum" effect.

When just looking at some of the fetured sites the "human" eye can see they look good, but we don't allways see what feature that made you go "thats what I wanna show".

So maybe it could be an idea for you to list the featured sites somewhere with a short text about what we should look for that made you go dayum.

Maybe it can give some others some good ideas and therefore you will get more creative websites to show off

just an idea for you.

/Misen
A great suggestion. That sounds like a very good idea indeed.

--

[Back to Index]