Password:

Forgot your password?
must log in to view contents

must log in to view contents
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Advanced Layout]
Secondary: None

How can I make it possible so you must log into the site before you can see the menus? I don't see that anywhere as an option?

pe.dkpsystem.com

Any help greatly appreciated
That IS an option with the <!--System:IfRank--> command.

You'll need to determine the RankID of a particular rank, which is done by going to Admin > Security > Ranks.

Then you can do something like the following:

<b>Everyone can see this.</b>
<br><br>
<!--System:IfRank:4-->
Only people of rank 4 and above can see this
<!--System:EndIfrank-->

Does that make sense?

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Yes, the coding makes sense, where do I add it? in the CSS editor somewhere?

Oh, do I have to add that to all the sectionis I want hidden in the system or menu files I see under advanced layout? if so I get it. dang, that is alot of scrolling to find the area I need. okay, I will try it. If I am way off please let me know.

thanks
That code is for something you can stick in the HTML file in the Advanced Layout Options. It requires you to do some custom coding particularly in the "Layout file" of the Advanced Layout options.

--
Quote by Chops
That code is for something you can stick in the HTML file in the Advanced Layout Options. It requires you to do some custom coding particularly in the "Layout file" of the Advanced Layout options.

This is probably easiest for someone that understands code to wrap this around the entire menu block in the HTML file however if you don't know code you can do the following.

Go to Admin and Menu Administration.
Every menu and sub menu item as a "Minimum Rank to View" dropdown. If you change this from Everyone to the lowest rank on your site you will accomplish the same thing. A little more work but less code to mess with. Seems to work ok with custom layouts as well.

--
Six Demon BagRefresh This Item
Jack Burton: Hey, what more can a guy ask for?
Egg Shen: Oh, a six-demon bag!
Jack Burton: Terrific, a six-demon bag. Sensational. What's in it, Egg?
Egg Shen: Wind, fire, all that kind of thing!
Every menu and sub menu item as a "Minimum Rank to View" dropdown. If you change this from Everyone to the lowest rank on your site you will accomplish the same thing. A little more work but less code to mess with. Seems to work ok with custom layouts as well.

Good call on that. I saw the "Advanced Layout" tag and assumed it was for coding questions. Perhaps it's not.

--
Quote by Saudorun
Quote by Chops

This is probably easiest for someone that understands code to wrap this around the entire menu block in the HTML file however if you don't know code you can do the following.

Thank you this worked well, yes I am a noob and the coding was a bit much for me, this worked flawlessly

[Back to Index]