Password:

Forgot your password?
"Old Version" and "New Version" side by side,

"Old Version" and "New Version" side by side,
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [General]
Secondary: None

Unquestionably, this is how it SHOULD have been done. Setting the Old Stable Version as the default, and giving an option to choose the new version, rather than throwing everyone into it without question.

But now, they are running side by side.

If you encounter any issues or concerns, please let me know.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Chops -

On our site, we can select the old version, but if we refresh the page, it switches back to the new version on its own.

Any clue?

http://despised.dkpsystem.com

Edit: of course it stopped doing this after I posted /facepalm
OK, just an update - it's definitely doing it - there is no consistency to it though, sometimes you refresh a few times and it sticks, and sometimes it goes to the New Forums on its own.

I've cleared out my history, cookies, and cache and it still has a problem.
For the life of me, I can't seem to reproduce this.

Which page are you clicking on or linking to that is jumping between the two versions.

And to be sure, you're the "New Beta Forum" and the "Old Forum Link" found in the corners of each page (as opposed to "Classic Mode")

--
http://despised-guild.com/oldforum.php?ttid=all

All I do is click on "Go To Forum" a few times and it will do it.
Yes, I'm getting the same thing. I select the old style and it goes back.

--
It appears to be an issue related to a dynamic IP address (likely being behind a proxy of some sort).

I've made a change to account for this, let me know if it works.

--
Works fine now. Thanks.

--
All good now Chops!

Thanks for the excellent support as always.
Sweet. Also, it's worth mentioning that the new version of the Beta forum has been released, so give it a shot. From testing (and apparently, from the lack of bug reports), it's much more stable, and it's definitely more familiar to users.

--
Quote by Chops
Sweet. Also, it's worth mentioning that the new version of the Beta forum has been released, so give it a shot. From testing (and apparently, from the lack of bug reports), it's much more stable, and it's definitely more familiar to users.

Yeah, I actually switched to it because the old one was freaking out.

It looks WAY better now, and is a lot faster!

It's defaulting to the new version again.

--
If you click "Switch to Non-Beta Forum" in the upper right, what happens?

--
It goes to the original. Click "Forum" to refresh it and it's back to the Beta.

*edit*

On this forum it doesn't do that. Only on ours.

--
Weird. I don't have an explanation yet. Especially odd is that the code running both sites is identical.

Just to be sure, are you logged in on your site?

--
I am. I keep checking it from work. It was fine and I read the post that said,

Yeah, I actually switched to it because the old one was freaking out.

It looks WAY better now, and is a lot faster!

I clicked on the beta again to check it out and the old fashion side of me wanted the old one back. I clicked on the old version and I'm like, "ok, this is good.". I proceeded to refresh the page and clicked the "forum" and I'm back to beta. Click the "Switch to Non-Beta" everytime I want the old version.

I'll log out for now if you think it'll help.

--
the reason I asked if you were logged in or out is because being logged in is the sure-fire way to keep the settings. After reading your detailed description, I was able to figure out the problem, and it's fixed. It should remember your settings now.

I clicked on the beta again to check it out and the old fashion side of me wanted the old one back.

What is it about the Beta version that you don't like? If it's the layout, keep in mind that there are a number of layout options to choose from now by default (just look for the layout Drop down in the upper right corner of the Thread List and Classic Mode views and the upper left corner of the Thread View).

Otherwise, the functionality is almost the same.

It's important to get this little kinks worked out because the old version is not here to stay. It's here temporarily while the beta system gets completely ironed out.

--
Let me keep playing with it seeing that the old will be gone.

So far the "flat" seems to work. I'm going to look into adding off colors to every other post so it's easier to make out.

--

[Back to Index]