New in game calendar import to our sites
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Support]
Secondary: None

<<< 1 2
Quote by Jarod
Quote by Chops
One of the things to remember is that it appears to be a hardwired limitation of the WoW calendar interface that a bi-directional sync isn't possible. Instead, I can provide an uploader, which would allow you to import from the game to the website, but you won't be able to import from the website into the game.

I'm a complete noob, but I think I understand this limitation, Chops. I'm assuming this means both that I won't be able to schedule events from within the web site calendar that are then reflected in the in-game calendar, and (more importantly in my situation), guildies won't be able to sign up for events on the web site calendar and have their acceptances be reflected in game.

If this second part is accurate, I'm wondering if there's a straightforward way to allow folks to launch the wowarmory calendar from within the web site calendar. This would allow my guildies to see our events on the web site (via your planned uploader) and then easily launch the wowarmory interface so that they could accept guild invitations. I can use a link to launch wowarmory, and I can tell folks to then navigate to the calendar tab, but I can't seem to just launch the calendar tab directly (even with an intermediate login screen). Any thoughts on this possibility?

Thanks.

The problem with this is that the Armory is usually slow with updating information. This will affect the raids that appear on the website calendar.
WoW Calendar importer is live. It relies on the GRSS mod and then you upload the data at Admin > Schedule > WoW Calendar Importer

--
It's all in the reflexes.
awesome. i will test it tonight.

thanks.
looks good to me. thanks again.
So I tried out the importer for the first time this morning. The upload summary indicated that 11 events and 67 sign ups were recorded. The events exist, but the only sign up that shows is the event owner (me) for the last event in the calendar. The owners don't show up for any other events and neither do any of the sign ups.

Any thoughts on what might be the issue?

Thanks for any help you can provide.
Interesting. I'm not sure. I'll look into it.

--
Another odd bug I've seen is this. Our server is in EST, but our website's default date is Mountain time. When I import calendar events onto the site, even though my personal settings are for EST, it seems to be importing them as if the server timezone is Mountain.
It runs assuming that your server's time is the same as the time on your site. The dates are retrieved from in-game based on that date, and it doesn't account for time zone.

Your safest bet is to make sure that website time = server time, to ensure that it gets imported properly.

--
I'm having issues with the calendar import function. The in-game mod doesn't seem to reliably record calendar events in the lua file. I've looked in the lua, and some events get recorded but others do not. Is there an updated mod that I need?
I have an update. Apparently the events are now showing up on the wrong months. Is anyone else having issues with the importer? It seems that the mod is just really buggy.
Interesting find. I'll see what I can dig up.

--
I just noticed that some of the events that were uploaded to the site show people signed up and some say zero signed up. In game every event has people signed up. I opened every event right before I uploaded to the site and then logged out to make sure it wrote to the grss file. Not sure why its doing that.
Quote by Stealthound
I just noticed that some of the events that were uploaded to the site show people signed up and some say zero signed up. In game every event has people signed up. I opened every event right before I uploaded to the site and then logged out to make sure it wrote to the grss file. Not sure why its doing that.

My site does this too.

I have disabled the calendar on our site since the inaccuracies are confusing my guild members. I'm hoping we'll be able to get the sync to work soon as folks really like the convenience of seeing the calendar on the site.

Thanks for all your attention to this, Chops.
Any progress on investigating this, Chops?
When I upload my latest event (scheduled for 12/12/08) to the site, it is showing several people signed up multiple times, in multiple class lists (i.e. Neoshooter - shows up in Hunter and Mage lists), and everyone who hasn't Accepted or Declined in the game is showing up as Awaiting Approval on the site.

--
Ieyasu - Organizer, Ex Cineribus
Interesting. The "Awaiting Approval" thing is intentional (it was supposed to be importing, but wasn't), but with the way WoW does "Invite" functionality I can see that being tedious, especially with a huge guild. I can reverse it so that the "Invited"s don't actually get imported.

As for the multi-class signups, that's really wierd. Could you upload your GRSS file for me?

--
Quote by Chops
I can reverse it so that the "Invited"s don't actually get imported.

That would be great for us.

Quote by Chops
As for the multi-class signups, that's really wierd. Could you upload your GRSS file for me?

Here you go!

--
Ieyasu - Organizer, Ex Cineribus

<<< 1 2
[Back to Index]