Password:

Forgot your password?
Modifing the GRSS mod

Modifing the GRSS mod
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Advanced Layout]
Secondary: None

Sorry if this is the wrong forum for this but there really wasn't one that applied.

I looked quite thoroughly and I guess no one else has tried this or if so didn't run into any problems.

So to be clear yes I am make changes to the GRSS mod, in particular the GuildRaidSnapShot.lua file. I am aware that my changes will be lost during updates and I am familiar with what I need to do maintain my changes after those updates.

Now to what I have done and what I am looking to do.

First, we have found we want a semi open auction setup so we can report bids to a custom channel. So what I did was at line 2123 I inserted
elseif GRSS_BidStyle=="Semi-Open Auction" then

GRSS_SendWhisper("Your bid of "..amt.." has been recorded","WHISPER",lang,from)

GRSS_HighBidder = from;

local bid_channel = GetChannelName(GRSS_BidChannel);

SendChatMessage(GRSS_HighBidder.." is now the high bidder with "..amt,"CHANNEL",nil,bid_channel);

then edited line 3169 to
	local Actions = {"Silent Auction","Silent Non-Auction","Open Auction","Semi-Open Auction"};

and then inserted at line 49
GRSS_BidChannel = "";

Next I when down to the "GuildRaidSnapShot_SlashHandler" function and at at line 2505 inserted
local msgcom, msgchan = strsplit(" ", msglower);

and at line 2525 inserted
elseif msgcom == "setchannel" then

GRSS_BidChannel = msgchan;

GRSSPrint("Bid Channel set to"..msgchan);

So what all this does is, if someone enters /grss setchannel raidbids and then in a raid has there the "Semi-Open Auction" selected all bids are reported to the "raidbids" channel.

Now the last thing to do is make the "GRSS_BidChannel" variable stored more permanently for if they get DC'ed or /reloadui or logout. So I put into the GuildRaidSnapShot.toc file
## SavedVariablesPerCharacter: GRSS_BidChannel

And it didn't work so I tried adding it to the list of variables in ## SavedVariables and that didn't work either.

I would like it in the ## SavedVariablesPerCharacter as it wouldn't get deleted every time I delete the saved variable file. So I am guessing there is something I am missing and was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction.
Never mind. I guess /console reloadui doesn't load changes to the .toc files in mods. So once I exited the game entirely and restarted it all worked.
Quote by Kriknosnah
Never mind. I guess /console reloadui doesn't load changes to the .toc files in mods. So once I exited the game entirely and restarted it all worked.

You would indeed be correct.

As for deleting the data file, the new recommendation is going to be to just type /grss reset (or use the "Purge" option when loading WoW), since settings (auto snapshot, loot prompt, etc) are also stored in the mod.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Yea realized that was an option after I posted. But that big delete the file warning after the site is done parsing the file has had its effect. Guess I have made it a habit to just move he file to a backup folder after the raid ends, rename it, and then upload it.

Also I seem to remember your readme file asking to know if we change the mod should I just get you a copy of the files or is what I have above ok?

[Back to Index]