Password:

Forgot your password?
News - HTML/BBC Hybrid vs Pure HTML

News - HTML/BBC Hybrid vs Pure HTML
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Support]
Secondary: None

When I make a news post such as our current one, If I use HTML/BBC hybrid mode, it enters a ton of blank space at the top of the post, which means I am unable to use the loot link hovers... unless I want the entry to look like Poop. So I had to go pure HTML to keep the news from being halfway down the page. Any idea why that happens in hybrid?
Heh. I'll admit it had me baffled for a bit too. It's because of the carriage returns in the HTML. This is why it's "not recommended".

Pretty much every time you have a carriage return between tags in your HTML, it's inserting a <Br>.

That makes an interesting case for an "HTML with Item Links" mode, since that's probably the most common reason why people use the hybrid.

Overall, I don't recommend using the Hybrid. The results are...not intuitive.

The reason the hybrid is there currently is for backwards compatibility. The original news section used it exclusive (and that only because many used HTML in their news posts in the beginning, so some bbcode was added without it untagging the HTML). Otherwise, it would have just been pure BBCode or pure HTML from the beginning.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Yeah i was using straight BBC but it isn't as intuitive for table creation (cell width/height, table width/height, no borders, etc).

I like the roll-over item links, but just can't do it and have my tables layed out the way I want them =(

Because I hate having to code crap myself, I throw open front page and use the WYSIWYG editing and then just copy the HTML to the news.

[Back to Index]