Application system

Application system
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Support]
Secondary: None

Hello,
My question is:
Is it possible to implement 2 application systems? My guild needs to be able to separate the people interested in being in just the guild versus people wishing to actively raid. Thank you in advance for your response
Quote by Perch
Hello,
My question is:
Is it possible to implement 2 application systems? My guild needs to be able to separate the people interested in being in just the guild versus people wishing to actively raid. Thank you in advance for your response

There is only 1 application today.
By why can't you just make that a question on your application?

--
Six Demon BagRefresh This Item
Jack Burton: Hey, what more can a guy ask for?
Egg Shen: Oh, a six-demon bag!
Jack Burton: Terrific, a six-demon bag. Sensational. What's in it, Egg?
Egg Shen: Wind, fire, all that kind of thing!
I can, but the guild's officers (who don't know the website tools well)
wanted this feature. I expected this answer but was hoping for something from left field that I didn't know about.

Thanks again!
Quote by Perch
wanted this feature. I expected this answer but was hoping for something from left field that I didn't know about.

Thanks again!

Well this is 1 more person asking for multiple application types. Maybe Chops will start looking at it more and possible add it in the future. There are other reasons we as a community have requested multiple applications. Class specific questions and intra guild promotion being at least 2 of them.

--
Quote by Saudorun
Quote by Perch

Thanks again!

Well this is 1 more person asking for multiple application types. Maybe Chops will start looking at it more and possible add it in the future. There are other reasons we as a community have requested multiple applications. Class specific questions and intra guild promotion being at least 2 of them.

Don't forget about me =P

But, to the OP .. but I think the original point of just having it as a question works well for now.

I have been fretting about non-guildies too though ... mostly because where do you put them in the rankings? You dont want them seeing guild stuff I guess, but then if you are resigned to that, there is no way for them to have their own area ... though maybe they just don't need one ... at least not one that "private" ... still I can't help but want to be able to send out a forum post that only they can see ... but oh well. Not that big a deal really.

--
Quote by dj
Don't forget about me =P

But, to the OP .. but I think the original point of just having it as a question works well for now.

I have been fretting about non-guildies too though ... mostly because where do you put them in the rankings? You dont want them seeing guild stuff I guess, but then if you are resigned to that, there is no way for them to have their own area ... though maybe they just don't need one ... at least not one that "private" ... still I can't help but want to be able to send out a forum post that only they can see ... but oh well. Not that big a deal really.

Actually we did this for a while with a rank called Outsider. They could see some of the forums and site but were limited and could not see DKP and other guild only stuff.

--
Yes adding questions to the current system works, but since the guild wanted to have to separate systems, to have different questions, as well as making it less confusing for the applicant...

Having 2 links to 2 different apps is more ascetically pleasing to the eye, and causes less confusion....
Quote by Perch
Yes adding questions to the current system works, but since the guild wanted to have to separate systems, to have different questions, as well as making it less confusing for the applicant...

Having 2 links to 2 different apps is more ascetically pleasing to the eye, and causes less confusion....

Ultimately IMO it would be nice to have a completely separate Applications Menu on the websites. It could be a menu that contained links as Perch indicates to different application types for admittance to the guild that is only visible to NON Members. Once your a member the menu could show applications for guild progression.

Possibly also the Request for Item could be moved into this section. I think one of the things lacking in the RFI system today is a base of questions to ask someone why they want an item. For example I will prioritize someone asking for Void Crystals to enchant a dagger for Arena's in a Raiding guild much differently than someone asking for them to make Void Sphere's for arcane resist.

--
Quote by Perch
Hello,
My question is:

I think it would be nice to have 2 seperate application systems as well, one for possible new members and one other to change to fit your current situation in needing an application. Like raid application, Class leader application or anything else u might need one for.

[Back to Index]