Private tickets are only accessible to you and to DKPSystem.com staff
Public Tickets are visible to everyone)
Status Closed
Type Suggestion
Section of the Site Characters/Roster
Urgency (4 votes)
Rating (4 votes)
Description:
Suggest integrating key and attunement data with the raid availability data via a Raid/Group Builder function. Example: I want to form a non-official Kara run. I go to a "Raid Builder" tool and select the following:

Instance/Event: Karazhan
Level Limits: 70 - 70
Inlcude Alts? No
Day of Week? Friday
Timespan? 5pm - 9pm

When Query is submitted, returns all level 70 Main Characters with The Master's Key who are available for the full time period on Fridays.
Official DKPSystem.com Comments
No official comments yet
I like this but have a slightly different idea.
Build this into the event scheduling system.
The filtering options you mention are pretty much on the Event Schedule window anyway with the exception of LEVEL and the filter for Mains/Alts/Both (I like this filter because one reason for a non official run might be to gear up some alts that people have fun playing). The other benefit in doing it through the Event Schedule options are that it has a filter for Minimum Rank on it also. A standard user organized run might not care about minimum rank but it would be there.

It might even be possible to add the level filter to the Event Category definition. Most systems are going to have categories already defined. The ability to over-ride them on the Event Schedule window should be included.

You should also add a field for the expected End Date and Time to the event Schedule Window so that filter matches can correctly find the number of players available in the time block requested on the schedule.

Another advantage of using this filter matching in the Event Schedule system.
Sign up requirements. Maximum Numbers and filters on Characters for rolls. The end display after choosing the filters and querying the availability could show you the numbers of characters broken down by class and roll according to how you want your signups run.

At the bottom of the Event Schedule you could change the options slightly. Have a big button that says "Check Availability" and clicking this would generate a popup window with the numbers that matched from filters decided by the specific schedule request and options chosen. Then below that you would have "Cancel" to close the scheduler and return to the previous screen and "Schedule This Run" to commit the filter options selected. You could possibly even have the Schedule and Cancel options appear on the popup window that shows the matches so a user looks at it and decides that there are enough people who's availability matched and they want so submit it or if they don't think it matches they hit cancel and the window closes returning them to the schedule page they were originally on.

--
Six Demon BagRefresh This Item
Jack Burton: Hey, what more can a guy ask for?
Egg Shen: Oh, a six-demon bag!
Jack Burton: Terrific, a six-demon bag. Sensational. What's in it, Egg?
Egg Shen: Wind, fire, all that kind of thing!
That's what I love about you, Saudorun... you can take what I'm thinking and actually put it into better words than I can, hehe.

Building this into the Event Scheduling was something I had thought of, but I couldn't word it in a manner that made sense, LOL.
Hehe
Sometimes I feel like an Idea Hijacker
I read your ticket then read another with a different request regarding the Availability tracker and it hit me and I was like wow Andurian's idea makes sense to me now!

--
Six Demon BagRefresh This Item
Jack Burton: Hey, what more can a guy ask for?
Egg Shen: Oh, a six-demon bag!
Jack Burton: Terrific, a six-demon bag. Sensational. What's in it, Egg?
Egg Shen: Wind, fire, all that kind of thing!
*smirks*

Yeah, that was my ticket, too.

Don't feel like you're stealing ideas... it takes many minds working together to accomplish lofty goals. Or, as General Patton once said: "If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
http://armory.mmo-champion.com/index.php

Used to have a nice report too. Until it broke.

--
Quote by Toddler

I'm afraid I don't understand what in the world you're trying to say in reply to the ticket.

I'm quite familiar with the tools on that site, but they have absolutely nothing to do with the concept within this ticket.
I'm quite familiar with the tools on that site, but they have absolutely nothing to do with the concept within this ticket.

The Heroic Keys section

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Quote by Chops

The Heroic Keys section

I know what the implication was, but the Heroic Keys listing on that site doesn't really address the request in the ticket. What's the first key people get in BC? The Master's Key, and that cannot be tracked by the Armory due to the fact that the Armory makes an assumption on keys based on reputation level, and doesn't check for a physical key.

The goal of the ticket is to integrate the user-updated keys/attunements data and the raid availability data into a tool that can be used to, not only build Heroic groups, but raids as well.

Bleh... Saudorun is better at explaining it than I am, I just work on missiles for a living.
The goal of the ticket is to integrate the user-updated keys/attunements data and the raid availability data into a tool that can be used to, not only build Heroic groups, but raids as well.

Oh, I know. I think he was just referring to another possibility.

It's fortunate that it seems most of BC's changes to keys involve ACTUAL keys, which makes tracking those things easier, as compared with the old-world approach of "Attunement" in which the only way to know if your character is attuned is to jump through the window and hope you don't burn.

Adding automatic key detection is something I'll be doing, and integrating it with the Keys/Attunements and the Raid Availiability are all fantastic ideas.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Quote by Andurian
Quote by Toddler

I'm afraid I don't understand what in the world you're trying to say in reply to the ticket.

Sorry my bad..... And you are right... for things like Mt Hyjal or Black Temple they will need to complete quest not just gain rep.

I guess there is two ways to approach it. You could do the non import way of detecting gear or rep. And the import way of doing it. It would also be nice if the person fills out a question on their application or character sheet that it is indexed.

--

[Back to Index]