Password:

Forgot your password?
Decay rules do not seem to work?

Decay rules do not seem to work?
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [General]
Secondary: None

I have set up my dkp rules so that people can earn between 2-6 DKP per boss down.

I have then set the DKP Decay to the following rules:
Full period legnth: 0 days
Fully decayed value: 15
Decay period: 3

nothing appears to be working though.

Any suggestions?
I've never used the decay function, but I seem to remember that the calculations are done at night. So if you make changes today, they won't take effect until tonight when the magic happens. I think that's right at least.

--
Ieyasu - Organizer, Ex Cineribus
That is right. I just ran the decay function an hour or two ago so it should be updated properly for you.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
I just checked this and I have no idea what is going on??? Think I have seen something like this before, but everyone has far too much DKP. should be around 40 max... not in the hundreds. This is definitely down to the decay.

Could someone please tell me what is going on?
I have then set the DKP Decay to the following rules:
Full period legnth: 0 days
Fully decayed value: 15
Decay period: 3

This means that every point is INCREASING to 15. So your points are slowly increasing, rather than decreasing. If you want 15%, then you'll have to enter 0.15.

--
damn.... and I read this being the point which points can not decay beyond???

I will have to re-read the procedure again, for the nth time.
I know understand the decay setup having reread it in a sober state and I understand it nicely..

I have set up the decay as such:

Full period legnth: 7 days
Fully decayed value: 0.25
Decay period: 30

We may change the decay period but who knows?

OK .... one final question about decay... is this linear or exponential. I am sure I have read that this can be selected to do either and I am sure mine is linear. I can't remember whether this is this case or I was dreaming about this option. Basically I think I would like an exponential decay rate that favours casual players so they do not loose loads of DKP, but keener players, need to maintain a higher rate of gaming to maintain a high DKP (or they could spend their DKP of course).

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

It is exponential

I have planned on implementing a linear option, but haven't yet gotten around to it. It's been pretty low priority.

--

[Back to Index]