Forgot your password?
Calling for Drop-In Templates

Calling for Drop-In Templates
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Advanced Layout]
Secondary: None

<<< 1 2 3
At the moment, no, but there are a few more on the way.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Quote by Chops
At the moment, no, but there are a few more on the way.

I have been using the same layout for a while, but I am ready for a whole new change. I really like the options of a few of the templates. Is there a place that I can go to speak with someone who has the ability to write these templates and get a crafted on tailored to my site?

-- Melynda
GM
We Band of Brothers
http://wbobguild.com

--
I was told I could spec Ret between 10 and 11 a.m. and do damage at a reasonable level...
The Drop-In Template "Envy" is done and ready to go. Thanks to Nevir from Envy for the design and for licensing the code and graphics to us. That was a very popular design for which I received many emails asking how they could make their site look like that.

I've got another one that's almost done, and I'm talking with the owner to finalize licensing.

--
For those of you that haven't noticed, three Drop-In Templates have been added in the past week or so:

Envy (based on the old Envy Featured Guild Site)

Thanks Nevir!

Glass (Based on the current B-Team site, which didn't become a featured guild site, but should have been)

Thanks Noblekain!

Renewal (Based on the old Renewal Featured Guild Site)

Thanks Keela!

--
When using the "Glass" template it seems to take away your privileges modify any Top Bar settings. It basically will only show popular threads and guild statistics. There is no way to put up upcoming events.

Is this due to the template overwriting it and can it be changed?
Is this due to the template overwriting it and can it be changed?

Correct. enabling any Drop-In Templates or Advanced Layout disables the Top-bar settings, as you'll have to tweak the code itself to change them.

--
Oh Chops!!! I've got a slick one coming soon. It's taking me awhile due to A) short on "free" time, and It's pressing the limits of my graphics skills.

However, what's super awesome about this one from a technical point of view, is that I'm doing a tableless design... and I'm going very heavy CSS, so it will have some fun display features.

Anyway... I'll have it soon (I hope), but I want to get it just right, and like I said... it's seriously taking the best of my graphics skills to accomplish.

Think - Mission Impossible/James Bond/Spy tech style.
Rock on. I'm excited to see it!

As always, let me know if you need changed functionality to accommodate some layout quirks (beside the obvious "fix everything that's not standards compliant" )

--
Here's a draft of what I'm thinking. Not quite done, but it's getting there.

EDIT: each "LCD" will be animated too.
Looking pretty good!

Flash or animated gif? Naturally, I'd think gif, but I gotta check.

--
Quote by Chops
Looking pretty good!

Flash or animated gif? Naturally, I'd think gif, but I gotta check.

GIF To avoid needing flash.
Two new Drop-In Templates:

Blood Elf

Outland

You would be correct in recognizing that they are very similar. One is a reskinning of the other.

--
How do we go about getting a site on to the featured sites list?

--
To know the universe is to be wise
To know yourself is to be enlightend
In short, let me know your address, and I'll check it out. If I like it (that is, if I think it represents the flexibility of the site sufficiently enough to make people want to sign up), then I'll make it a featured guild

--
This guild has an amazing layout. Catalyst
Is it possible to track down sites with impressive layouts, and request they share their templates?

--
Tell me what you think of my layout. What I really want is my menus to have borders and graphics but I dont know how to do that stuff.

Anyways I like the transparent concept and would like some feedback.

Myth Guild

<<< 1 2 3
[Back to Index]