Password:

Forgot your password?
Website Applications, and Account Creation .. Again

Website Applications, and Account Creation .. Again
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [General]
Secondary: None

Been at this for a while now with this site. As always. I love DkPSystem.com .. best service I've found ..

There has just always been something a little cumbersome about the whole account creation process. Most specifically. You tell someone to apply, but instead of applying, they just signup for the website .. then there is the back and forth and alt tab alt tab alt tab as you guide them from page to page ..

I get that you want ppl to be able to just signup .. mostly for existing members of ppl who just created a new site. That makes sense, but could there be an option somewhere that bypasses that either :

A. Forces them to "apply"

or

B. Open up a further dialog and asks if they are an existing member or an applicant, and then busses them off to the appropriate page after that?

Thanks,
Dj

--
Quote by dj
You tell someone to apply, but instead of applying, they just signup for the website .. then there is the back and forth and alt tab alt tab alt tab as you guide them from page to page ..

We have the exact opposite problem in our guild. We ask everyone to apply & create an account as part of their "trial phase". I'll be damned if over half the people don't just send an application, even though the last "question" on our app says "Please register for an account on this website".

--
Ieyasu - Organizer, Ex Cineribus
Open up a further dialog and asks if they are an existing member or an applicant, and then busses them off to the appropriate page after that?

I like this idea quite a bit.

--
It's all in the reflexes.

[Back to Index]