Private tickets are only accessible to you and to DKPSystem.com staff
Public Tickets are visible to everyone)
Status Closed
Type Support
Section of the Site Event Schedule/Signups
Urgency (2 votes)
Rating (0 votes)
Description:
I have a problem with creating an Event Catagory and it saving the information I place there.

I try to create an event and choose game World of Warcraft. I also choose Raid rolls. Upon saving the event, it clears the game which in turn removes the Raid/class sign up abilities.

Any help in this matter will be appreciated.

Joe
www.undyingflame.dkpsystem.com
Official DKPSystem.com Comments
No official comments yet
Please post some type of solution to this problem. I am having this exact issue and it is really hampering our site reliability and driving me insane!

Joe is correct in that it is removing the raid/class signup abilities, however upon further testing of this problem it appears that upon saving the newly created category it is saving this category under All Games, even though World of Warcraft was selected. Because raid roles cannot be assigned unless a game has been specified this isnt making much sense.
For the life of me, I cannot seem to reproduce this particular issue on your site.

I went to Admin > Event Category, edited the category, and selected "World of Warcraft" as the game. I then chose some random roles to assign, and saved it.

Could you attempt to do this and see if the problem persists for you, or perhaps I've misunderstood your issue.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Quote by Chops
For the life of me, I cannot seem to reproduce this particular issue on your site.

I went to Admin > Event Category, edited the category, and selected "World of Warcraft" as the game. I then chose some random roles to assign, and saved it.

Could you attempt to do this and see if the problem persists for you, or perhaps I've misunderstood your issue.

Hi Chops,

K this is getting more bizarre by the minute.

I have just tried it again and it is now functioning, however i swear that it has not been up until this point. When i tried creating the category event before i would select world of warcraft as the game type and enter my category name, i would check approval required for signups and add select assign by role from the dropdown box. I then entered a max of ten for the event as it was Karazhan. Next i checked off all of the roles and assigned them arbitrary values. Upon saving i would view the created events and saw that it was listed under all games. Editing it from this screen i was able to see the details of teh event category however it would display that no roles had been defined and thus they were not assigned to the event.

Next, instead of viewing by all games i selected world of warcraft from the drop down box to presumptively view all categories assigned to Wow and no games were listed.

Now it seems they are listing under both and seem to be properly assinged. I even scheduled an event using the category and tried signing up with my Main and it is allowing me to select my role. Prior to today i was able to signup, but when rdy to select my role i woudl recieve a "no class has been assigned to this role". I assume because the event category that was created above was not saving the role assigned values.

Last night after having posted this ticket i had my co-founder and co-site admin try this as well and it was not working for him either and causing the same issue.

Both of us are running Vista and IE7, not sure if this has any effect.

If indeed it is working from my home computer then i am happy, however being that i am a network admin i have a pesky habit of needing to know why things do what they do. So if you have any further ideas i would love to know what has changed between now and last night to allow this functionality to suddenly start behaving.

I hope i have been as descriptive as possible

Thanks

Thanor
I appreciate the detailed response. The only thing I can think of right now would be the possibility that one of the slave database servers were a little behind, but that the system hadn't yet detected and decomissioned it until it had caught up. The system is designed to detect when a slave falls behind by a few seconds or more and lets the load off until it catches up. But it's possible that the system hadn't yet detected that it was behind.

Honestly, though, that's my best guess, given that I'm not able to reproduce it. If it happens again, please let me know as soon as possible.

--
It's all in the reflexes.

[Back to Index]