Password:

Forgot your password?
Duplicate entries after Uploading Snap Shots

Duplicate entries after Uploading Snap Shots
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [General]
Secondary: [Tickets]

I've been noticing now that after I upload new snap shots of our raids, it is creating new entries for the same person. This isn't all that big of a pain as a full character transfer is an easy fix, but if you do the transfer the wrong way then (from what I observed when merging two other characters) the decay gets all screwed up on that person.

I've left up the latest duplicate that you can view here.

http://www.jubilance.org/dkpmember.php?dkpsystemid=9
(sort by name)

As you can see the Player "Dathknight" is in there twice :-)

Thanks for looking in to this. We have another raid on Thursday so I'll have to merge them by that time :-)

EDIT: IF you would like I could upload the GuildRaidSnapShot.lua from the SV folder.

--
www.jubilance.org
EDIT: IF you would like I could upload the GuildRaidSnapShot.lua from the SV folder.

That would be helpful, thanks.

Also, it's usually a good idea to do a character merger if you just have duplicated characters.

The "Character transfer" is more there for things like changing main characters, and transferring one character to another.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Is it creating new entries for already existing characters? Or does it only happen for new characters, that is, are only characters in the snapshot (but not on the site yet) getting duplicated?

--
Its Creating duplicated for already Existing Characters.

Doh! Looks like I deleted it.

I'll take some pics for ya.
Pic1=system
pic2=Dath Duplicate
pic3=Dath Original

hmm...
The character profile does look a bit funky..

Lemme know your thoughts

--
www.jubilance.org
Did a Character Merger and it worked great, I'll probably just go through our roster as I noticed a few others like that too.

--
www.jubilance.org
What's likely happening, looking at your duplicates, is that each character that's duplicated has a character without a server. Make sure that all the characters have servers and let me know if it continues to duplicate your uploads.

--
I have not seen any Duplicates from the most recent upload.

here is another quick question for ya, easy one.

If I do a /console reloadui will the GuildRaidSnapShot.lua be outputted?

Basically if I get Dc'd I loose the snapshots, so other than logging out or exiting the game, is there any other way to generate the file?

--
www.jubilance.org
Quote by molebomb

If I do a /console reloadui will the GuildRaidSnapShot.lua be outputted?

This has always worked for me in the past, but I haven't used GRSS since WotLK came out.

--
Ieyasu - Organizer, Ex Cineribus

This has always worked for me in the past, but I haven't used GRSS since WotLK came out.

Yup, /console reloadui forces it to write the data to the hard drive. It's unfortunate that this is the case, but unless Blizzard adds some way to force the variables to store on the hard drive, this is how it's got to happen. This is also while the default functionality is to take a screenshot along with a snapshot just in case one needs to manually record the information.

--

[Back to Index]