Forgot your password?
GuildRaidSnapShot v2.032 (11/6/2014)

GuildRaidSnapShot v2.032 (11/6/2014)
[Back to Index]
Thread Options
Sticky:
Thread Tags
Primary: [News]
Secondary: [General] [V.I.P. Lounge] [Support] [Operators] [Suggestions] [Guild Policies] [News]

1 2 3 4 5 >>>
The GRSS mod has received a much-needed update. We went from version 0.995 to 2.000. Why? Frankly, to say that the GRSS in it's previous version wasn't yet version one would be silly. It's getting close to 4 years old. The first version (rightly version 0.01) only tracked raid attendance (no loot and no UI). At some point, item tracking and the in-game interface were added. Since then, it has only been slight improvements to the interface (periodic snapshots, wipe-detection, etc). Frankly, the UI version of the mod should have been version 1. So this is version 2.

http://dkpfiles.com/www/files/GuildRaidSnapShot.zip

What's been added:

* New Bidding mechanisms: Request, DKP+Roll, and Bid+Roll
* In-game adjustments: /grss adj
* manual loot recording: /grss loot
* Recording the points and incrementing players accordingly for snapshots
* Improved Zero-sum capabilities (entering "zs" when the game prompts for how much a snapshot is worth will redistribute the points of the loot to the mod).
* Improved EPGP support in the GRSS.

It may not sound like much, but it required some very significant changes which, in order to ensure backwards compatibility and in order to preserve the interface for those who might not prefer the changes (hey, some people prefer to do raid attendance manually), a lot of care has been taken to ensure that feel isn't lost.

I did my best to eliminate as many bugs as possible, but I've no doubt you guys will find something that doesn't work.

What hasn't yet been added but is planned?

* Snapshot editor (select/deselecting users from the snapshots)
* Settings screen, rather than dealing with all the archaic slash commands
* Improved upload screen (on the site, so not in the GRSS, but it's relevant)
* Improved flexibility with awarding points to the GRSS.

What is being considered for addition, but not sure, and is something long-term?

* Automatic snapshot uploading (like the DKPProfiler), which would then prompt for importing when you get on the site. Something like that, anyway.

If you download the mod and you find you prefer the old version, it's being supported for a short time until we work everything out of the new one. You can get the old one here: http://dkpfiles.com/www/files/GuildRaidSnapShot-0.995.zip

The biggest thing to look out for: with the autosnapshotting feature, if you encounter a mob that has a name like that of a boss while in raid, you may get some heavy spam. The filters for this need to be built manually, so let me know ASAP if this happens. Example: Remember the Onyxian whelps? In the earliest version of the GRSS, because the name "Onyxia" is contained within "Onyxian Whelps", a snapshot would be triggered each time a whelp died. That was an inconvenience, but with it prompting for the value of the snapshot, it'll become a crippling problem if you encounter this issue.

--
It's all in the reflexes.
Did some testing pre-raid. Ran accross 2.5 issues:

1. It's not picking up a roller with a unique character in name: Maggìe (note the i). It does pick her up when she whispers to bid, but the roll shows up in the list as just being e.

2. It's not allowing options for Bid+Roll like in Bids (open auction, silent auction, etc). It just defaults to... silent auction?

2.5 (minor weenie issue) It's double announcing... in Raidwarning and in Raid. Is that normal?

1) Thanks for the heads up. Will get this fixed.

2) Interesting. You're right, it should have both roll amounts and bid options available.

3) Yup, that's normal (it's been doing that since the beginning).

--
Recording the points and incrementing players accordingly for snapshots

Is there a command to turn off this pop up? It's annoying because we never give DKP for periodic snapshots.

--
Alrighty, the fix for the rolls not getting picked up is in.

Also, two new commands to disable the raid points prompt:

/grss yessnapshotpopup

and

/grss nosnapshotpopup

--
Thanks!

--
(minor weenie issue) It's double announcing... in Raidwarning and in Raid. Is that normal?

Chops, is there a way to select it to only do one of these instead of both?
Not sure why but i am unable to see incoming or outgoing whispers while this mod is active every since the 3.1 went live. I can disable only the guildraidsnapshot mod and everything works fine.
Quote by Chewy101
Not sure why but i am unable to see incoming or outgoing whispers while this mod is active every since the 3.1 went live. I can disable only the guildraidsnapshot mod and everything works fine.

You need to get the new version. A new version was put out a few hours after 3.1 went live that fixed this particular issue. If you've not yet updated, you need to make sure to do so. This is mentioned here.

--
Fix deployed for a looting bug. New Version: 2.002

--
Quote by Misen
(minor weenie issue) It's double announcing... in Raidwarning and in Raid. Is that normal?

Chops, is there a way to select it to only do one of these instead of both?

Woa Chops - you missed this one
Woa Chops - you missed this one

When I add the settings window, I'll be adding this one. There's a point when there are just too many slash commands

I have a quick question related to this one. If you aren't raid leader or don't have assist, and you use raid warning, what happens? Does it still print the raid message to the raid chat, but it just doesn't put it on the center of the screen?

I suspect that might be why the change is noticed, because it's always printed to /ra and /rw but I it seems at some point blizzard made /rw also print to /ra, hence the doubleposting.

--
I have a quick question related to this one. If you aren't raid leader or don't have assist, and you use raid warning

Only RL and assistants can make the the raid warnings.

And it sounds fantastic that you will add this mate.

Another question - when using the bid system and we need to link the item that is going to be bid on then we can only link it into the addon by clicking the chat.

Would it be possible so the addon could import the item directly from the wow loot window?
Would it be possible so the addon could import the item directly from the wow loot window?

This is actually what the ">>" is for next to the item name. Does that not work for you any more? I've had one report that it's not working with DKP+Roll, but it's possible it's not working for anyone.

--
how to do it then - maybe its just us messing up?

Click the ">>" and then the item in the window or?
Quote by Chops

This is actually what the ">>" is for next to the item name. Does that not work for you any more? I've had one report that it's not working with DKP+Roll, but it's possible it's not working for anyone.

The >> feature was not working for me tonight. I tried many things, including clicking the corpse several times, shift+clicking the loot in chat, opening and closing and reopening the grss mod. The loot link would still only appear for me after the item had been looted to the player. In fact, the ">>" wasn't showing up at all until after the item was looted.

On a separate note - we're assigning dkp for bosses and also periodically (.5 pts every 6 minutes). Is there a way to have the snapshots input the points automatically without prompting me with a pop-up box in the middle of every fight, or am I doomed to having to type that number in every time?

On a separate note - we're assigning dkp for bosses and also periodically (.5 pts every 6 minutes). Is there a way to have the snapshots input the points automatically without prompting me with a pop-up box in the middle of every fight, or am I doomed to having to type that number in every time?

At the moment, you either have to disable the popup for snapshots or enter the numbers when they popup.

It does make sense to set the pricing for the periodic snapshots when you start timer. I can slide that into the next version.

--
The >> feature is not working for me either. We are running non auction bid system.
Just did a raid chops - and >> isn't there for us
Yep. I'm working on it.

--

1 2 3 4 5 >>>
[Back to Index]