Password:

Forgot your password?
Decay rate field questions

Decay rate field questions
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Support]
Secondary: None

On the DKP Current Standings page, there is a Decay Rate column that, as near as I can tell, lists the difference in dkp between today and tomorrow as caused by decay. That is, it lists the dkp that will be lost/gained in the next day because of decay. Is this correct?

On a related note, this field does not seem to change that much for my raiders, and for most of them it is blank, which seems highly unlikely - pretty much all of them have dkp earnings/expenditures that span the decay period, which means their dkp should have some amount of change from decay. Why isn't this commonly showing up? And why do the numbers that are shown seem to remain constant from day to day?

Mind you, decay in general seems to work - if I view earnings/expenditures for individual raiders, and compare original vs decayed dkp values, it all looks quite reasonable. As far as I can tell, only the decay rate field seems to be behaving oddly.
I'll have to have a look. Your assessment of what it should be is correct (it's the difference from day to day). Not sure why it wouldn't be updating the decay rate column though.

Thanks for the notification!

--
It's all in the reflexes.
I'll have to have a look. Your assessment of what it should be is correct (it's the difference from day to day). Not sure why it wouldn't be updating the decay rate column though.

Thanks for the notification!

--
Well, the thing that confuses me most is that only about 1/3 of the people on the list have a decay rate listed, despite almost all of them having earning or expenditures in the decay period, whose values should from day to day (and thus give a value to the decay rate field).
After playing around with decay settings a bit (now that I can clone my system ), it seems as if the decay rate field isn't changed when I change the decay settings. The newly cloned system (which doesn't clone the decay settings - those default to no decay) had no decay rate listed for anyone. After changing the decay settings (and having them show up in current standings), the decay rate was still not listed for anyone.

I'm guessing decay rate is calculated overnight or something?

I'm guessing decay rate is calculated overnight or something?

Correct. The decay rate isn't dynamically calculated, just as decay itself isn't dynamically calculated. It's all cached overnight.

I'm looking more into this, and I've found the problem. The solution is going to be a little harder But I should have this fixed this week.

--
Thanks for looking into this!
I've noticed that if I change the decay settings, the dkp standings will change within a few minutes, which seems to imply that decay isn't exactly being cached overnight. Or I am seeing some other effect?
Quote by ron_post
I've noticed that if I change the decay settings, the dkp standings will change within a few minutes, which seems to imply that decay isn't exactly being cached overnight. Or I am seeing some other effect?

Certain changes will trigger an immediate quick-recalculation, but that doesn't affect the decay field.

--
Any luck with the fix?
Alrighty, this beast should be fixed.

--
Thank you! That looks much better.
Sorry to bring this back up, but it seems the decay rate is once again not updating. I'm not certain exactly when it stopped changing, but the decay rate field for the members of my guild has been constant for some time now (at least 4 days, but likely more).

For an example, this is from unknownentity.dkpsystems.com, Gallo has no decay rate listed, but if you check his character page, his dkp earned has decayed entries from 5/10/10 to 5/7/10.

[Back to Index]